Fog LIghts

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
kmerkel89

Hello,

I see that this already has been posted but no one has commented since 2013. I am looking at purchasing the fog light kit for my 2010 Kizashi. Part number is 35500-57811. Has anyone installed these? I am looking at doing it myself to save some money but if a dealer only charges an hour or two labor it might be worth it. What I am worried about is all the electrical that needs to be ran and how to install the wires to the switch. How easy would this project be? :shock:

Also, If any kizashi lovers live around the Western NY area or even in niagara falls/toronto that would like to embark on this project with me that has experience (I would pay for your help) let me know. I am willing to drive a few hours to get this done once I purchase it! :D :drive:
bdleonard

I've installed the OEM kit on my 2013. It is fairly easy, and includes detailed instructions. There is no "wiring" to do, as such. The interior dummy plate needs to be removed to install the switch, but the wiring was installed from the factory. The front bumper cover needs to be removed, and the sub harnesses that run to the turn signal/parking lights are removed and replaced with a new sub harness that includes a fog light connector.
koii25

very easy ,ebay now sell it for $180
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Suzuki- ... 13&vxp=mtr
SamirD

Wow, I wonder if that same subharness is all that would need to be replaced for an HID headlight transplant from the non-US Kizashis? I know the headlight washers and new front bumper would also be needed, but those washers could always just be left unconnected.