front parking lights

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
KuroNekko

BLyons wrote:I went with OPT7s. I think they have a longer distance than the halogens did, but they definitely light up more along the sides of the road.

Nice. I've read a lot about those and they seem to be some of the better of the bunch out there for drop-in LED kits. A number of people seem to like them in other cars, but it's always hard to see how they will be in your own car until they're installed. Did the heat sink and fan fit in the dust cap or did you leave that off? I think the manufacturer recommends leaving the cap off or not using them in sealed headlights.
I was looking at the OPT7 and a bunch of other ones like the latest products from VLEDS and Morimoto, but actually ended up getting a kit on clearance from TRS because of the price and design features. I still think LED kit technology is in its infancy in terms of replicating halogen bulb characteristics so nothing out there is a perfect replacement. It's still a matter of experimenting and compromising, in my opinion, but with benefits like output color and bulb life.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BLyons

They did fit, and I put the dust caps back on. I figured with how I use my car they would almost never be on for more than a half hour at a time, so I wasn't concerned with them getting too hot.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
FrankoLaMoya

wobki wrote:
FrankoLaMoya wrote:Nice. I will possibly do that later down the road! Thanks
it literally took me like 45 min to do the whole thing. so easy.
That's it? Even nicer...lol I'll wait for the warranty to be expired tho..yes I am a puss...:P
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)