Horn

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
OzzieKizzy

[quote="JakeRam"]I can't say I've heard that expression before, but I think I get the point...I'll look harder :-)

It must be an Aussie expression "to have a blokes look". HA HA! Basically it means us men arent the best at finding stuff.....for example; we will open the cupboard door, have a quick scan and then say to the Mrs: "Nup! Can't see it in there!"

Then the Mrs takes a look, finds it in three seconds flat and says: "You must have had a blokes look!"

:lol:
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
JakeRam

It's true though.
willkizashi

Be careful what you wish for, around here, guys are buying train horns and other loud trumpet style horns and installing them on their little cars and big trucks. Talk about scaring the $*** out of the person in front of you....
2010 Kizashi GTS / 2005 XL-7 / 1969 Chevelle / 1981 Honda Cafe Racer.
JakeRam

Finally got the El Grandes installed....what a difference. I highly recommend this upgrade to everyone. 25 bucks and a couple of hours work. FYI to use the stock location, I did have to bend the brackets a bit (the ones that come with the horn).
11zukizashi

Nice thread i hate the horns on the kizashi too looks like i have some work to do when i get hids. does the bumper have to come off to install the fog light kit as well? might as well do it all at once...
JakeRam

Update on the El Grandes. When I first installed them the "hole" was facing up. I even thought at the time that "what if they get water in them" but decided they wouldn't since they're behind the bumper cover...well I was wrong. They did sound funny when the water got in them, but not exactly what I was going for. Finally, today I had to get in there anyway to replace a fog light bulb and turned the horns over so the hole is facing down. The stock wire even still reaches, just had to route it behind the bracket. Also had to bend the horn brackets in more to avoid the horns interfering with the bumper cover or car frame. All is well now!
BxKizashiS

Air horns are the way to go! or those cool lookin ones that the STI has
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi