Headlight Bulb Replacement

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
KuroNekko

D3lusion wrote:Hey folks,

Looking to change the parkers on my Kizashi, but from what I have been reading it seems like a pain in the butt! as most people say you need to drop the bumper, but how hard is it to do it without dropping the bumper?

Also, I assume the parkers uses T10's? looking at getting some whiter bulb to match my factory HID.
Parker bulbs? Do you mean the position lights that are the small bulbs under the high beam bulbs? If so, check out my write up as I replaced mine with white LEDs. And yes, it requires the removal of the bumper and the headlights.
Removing the bumper and headlights is a pain, but actually not that hard. Also, once you remove them, access to the headlight is A LOT better. It makes work on the bulbs much much better.

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=2141
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ssunseth

I came on here looking for help and couldn't find much that was useful. If you need to change a headlight bulb on your Kizashi and you have normal sized hands, you're not triple jointed and dropping the bumper without instructions intimidates you...don't worry about it. It's easy, fast, and I made a video of myself doing it. Hope you find it helpful.

LPSISRL

Thanks for taking the time. That'll come in handy when the bulb burns out.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Puppy80

ssunseth wrote:I came on here looking for help and couldn't find much that was useful. If you need to change a headlight bulb on your Kizashi and you have normal sized hands, you're not triple jointed and dropping the bumper without instructions intimidates you...don't worry about it. It's easy, fast, and I made a video of myself doing it. Hope you find it helpful.

Wow! Your video made it so easy to get to the lamps. I just did mine. Thanks for the video, it was simple once I knew where to disconnect all the screws.
Ronzuki

Nice job...thanks for taking the time to do that! How could one possibly get that cover off (that you forgot to put back on) without dropping the bumper and pulling the headlamp assembly out?

Do not all cars have this cover?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
sarah37122

I recently purchased the Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS - yes driver side head light bulb went out! To my knowledge of watching videos and calling mechanics in my area it was reported to me that you do have to drop the front bumper in order to do this which is priced at $250.00 - $300.00 (to replace all bulbs at one time, which would be wise) I went to Valvoline last week and the young gentleman advised me my headlight was out and could replace bulb for $21.99 - oh he was a determined little guy even after explaining it would require to drop the front bumper. He took every piece that was in the way of accessing the headlamp area after a hour it was official YOU HAVE TO DROP THE BUMPER!!!! According to him there is a small welded area that restricts access to changing bulb from under the hood area...So yes be prepared to either do it yourself by dropping the bumper or spending the money to have it professionally replaced.
nytq

Once you do it a couple of times, it literally takes minutes to change a bulb.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KuroNekko

nytq wrote:Once you do it a couple of times, it literally takes minutes to change a bulb.
I agree. It sounds much harder than it really is. If you have an impact driver, it's really not that time-consuming.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
FrankoLaMoya

I am not ''mechanically inclined'' and I always changed my bulbs myself so far. Pretty easy after a few times. It takes me like a full hour to drop the bumper, change the bulbs and put the bumper back on.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
DesRado

Same, with a 10mm ratchet or a phillips screw driver and some ramps/chocks I can do the change in an hour. Which is actually something I need to do today... passenger side high beam went out. Replacing both. I might actually attempt an HID conversion next spring. Getting chilly outside, and not going to be able to get it done before my car needs inspection.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edit: this is my 5th time dropping the bumper. 2nd time due to a blown bulb. 1st was low beam driver side (original bulb I think). Last year I bought some high performance bulbs (yellow) and expected them to have a short lifespan... If 11 months is short, I might be able to deal with that in exchange for nice piercing yellow drls. That's daily driving just about.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP