Anyone Installed the XM Module themselves?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
KCKizashi

I have an old XM Module from my previous car and I'd like to try and modify it to work with the XM in the Rockford Fosgate. The Suzuki site shows the module, antenna and a wiring bundle. From the looks of it, the wiring may have to be run to the back of the RF stereo. I have the pin listings for my old XM, but if someone has the pin listings for the Kizashi XM module that would be great! If I can get it to work I'll post a step-by-step.
So far, Rockford Fosgate's technicians on their site have been no help and suggest going through the dealership.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
TheHolyGhost

Have you tried getting in touch with the dealer to see if they have the wiring diagram? I know they may not be particularly forthcoming, but it's worth a shot.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KCKizashi

TheHolyGhost wrote:Have you tried getting in touch with the dealer to see if they have the wiring diagram? I know they may not be particularly forthcoming, but it's worth a shot.
That's my next step, but I agree... they probably won't offer up free advice for a $700 installation job
TheHolyGhost

Yea, especially because it'll probably take about a half hour for them. Guess you might have to wait for a service manual to become available, then you can be the first! ;)
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KCKizashi

TheHolyGhost wrote:
KCKizashi wrote:That's my next step, but I agree... they probably won't offer up free advice for a $700 installation job
Yea, especially because it'll probably take about a half hour for them. Guess you might have to wait for a service manual to become available, then you can be the first! ;)
That was going to be my next post was to see if service manuals are available yet! LOL
TheHolyGhost

KCKizashi wrote:
TheHolyGhost wrote:
KCKizashi wrote:That's my next step, but I agree... they probably won't offer up free advice for a $700 installation job
That was going to be my next post was to see if service manuals are available yet! LOL

I googled it and it looks like "SuzukiPitStop" has it, but it requires a membership, so I don't know if it's some kind of dealer site or what.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Moto
Site Admin

Suzuki is being a bunch of A-holes on the service manuals and stuff. Originally it was free I was a member, and then they kicked all of the original people out and started charging. They also hid the TSB for the car which I'm not a fan of.
TheHolyGhost

I saw your post about that. That is kind of shady, I wonder what their motivation behind that is, just trying to make a quick buck?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
sloopercat

I am still on the search for a 3.5mm adapter. I am wondering if the XM input would provide an opportunity to do that? I have an XM portable I use in the other car, rental cars, on a plane and the boat. I really hated to spend $700, plus another subsciption.

If you find the diagram, I would be interested. One of the major shortcomings is the lack of an aux in for the radio. It would have cost near nothing for Suzuki to do that.
TheHolyGhost

I agree that it's a little disappointing that they don't have it. I guess they thought the iPod/USB support was enough. Until you get a look at the back of the stereo it'll be tough to tell what's possible. Do you have an XM tuner? Most of those broadcast over FM. It's not the best solution, and it's not as clean, but it's a cheaper option than the install.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES