So I'm in Japan...

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
KuroNekko

You were in Himeji? That's cool. It's close to my hometown of Kobe. Maybe 30 mins by train.
If you have a chance to go to Kobe, I recommend getting a ticket deal for about 1000 yen that allows you to visit the Kobe Port Tower, the Kobe Maritime Museum, and the Kawasaki Good Times Museum. The Kawasaki one is interesting if you're into motorcycles, trains, and other heavy industrial products.

In the picture below, the red tower is the Kobe Port Tower and the greenish white paraframe building next to it is where both museums are located. They share the same building. The area from where the photo is taken is the Mosaic which is an outdoor mall area at a dock. The area of the city is called Harborland.

This photo is from the top of Kobe Port Tower looking onto the Mosaic.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Fritz2

I wonder if any other car forum is as interesting as this one. All of the photos are awesome! Keep them coming!
Moto
Site Admin

given our size we have some absolutely great members.
golftango

And a few more.
DSC_4732-1.jpg
DSC_4732-1.jpg (291.39 KiB) Viewed 11508 times
IMG_0806-29.jpg
IMG_0806-29.jpg (427.25 KiB) Viewed 11508 times
IMG_0800-26.jpg
IMG_0800-26.jpg (325.19 KiB) Viewed 11508 times
IMG_0799-25.jpg
IMG_0799-25.jpg (430.28 KiB) Viewed 11508 times
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
DesRado

I wouldn't mind owning a Swift, Alto RS or Solio. Something about them makes me smile.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

KuroNekko

Looks like you visited Kyoto given the number of Kyoto-plated Suzukis you photographed.
golftango

KuroNekko wrote:Looks like you visited Kyoto given the number of Kyoto-plated Suzukis you photographed.
I was in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima with a couple of visits of cities on the Tokaido Shinkansen's route (Japan Rail Pass all the way!)

I love Japan...if I could speak the language, I'd move there in a heartbeat.
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Looks like you visited Kyoto given the number of Kyoto-plated Suzukis you photographed.
I was in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima with a couple of visits of cities on the Tokaido Shinkansen's route (Japan Rail Pass all the way!)

Was that orange Suzuki Hustler on display in the Shin-Osaka Shinkansen Station? I saw one there too when I was in Japan last winter.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3374

As much as I love Japan, I think it's not a great place for a car enthusiast given the high cost of owning a car (fuel prices, parking prices, etc.), low speed limits, and narrow roads. I think it's hard to beat the US in that regard.
golftango

KuroNekko wrote:
golftango wrote:

Was that orange Suzuki Hustler on display in the Shin-Osaka Shinkansen Station? I saw one there too when I was in Japan last winter.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3374

As much as I love Japan, I think it's not a great place for a car enthusiast given the high cost of owning a car (fuel prices, parking prices, etc.), low speed limits, and narrow roads. I think it's hard to beat the US in that regard.
Yes, good catch, that display was in the Shin-Osaka station. Had to switch there from the Shinansken to a local train back to Kyoto.

Agreed, it's hard to beat our roads, infrastructure (outside of the east coast) and overall costs associated with car ownership. But in my two visits to Japan, I noticed that door dings were non-existent. That shows the levels of respect over there vs the states. That is what I really admire about Japan and its people/culture.
SamirD

You guys are making me so jealous! Lovely shots!