Rattles squeeks knocks and bangs

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Dthrill_08

Usually the gear shift squeaks if I touch it or move it. I switched out the stock Rockford for a Kenwood touch double din and now it rattles a litte, so does the door where they wired the bluetooth mic.
paininthenuts

I have a rather irritating chirping noise from the dash area. It sounds like it may be coming from the air vents. Does anyone know how I can check this out ?
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote:I have a rather irritating chirping noise from the dash area. It sounds like it may be coming from the air vents. Does anyone know how I can check this out ?
While I've never experienced this in my Kizashi, I have in my previous cars. I just blast the fan at full strength for a few minutes and then return to normal fan speed. That usually does the trick for curing annoying noises from the vents/blower fan.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Soviet

I'm reading a lot of issues about Suzuki... I'm thinking of when I fix it... and if I hear a single noise...... i'm selling it!

jk... but seriously...japanese car and it should be built to last. I have nissan maxima and that sucker runs without noises. Seriously doubting my suzuki now....

anyway... when the engine is running I have the same problem... except its in park and in idle I hear noise from the engine bay...cheaply designed i'd say.
bodhibro

I've got one really annoying noise that is consistent everyday and I can't find a way to get rid of it. If the windows are up and the stereo is on I don't hear it but if the windows are down it's hard to ignore. It's like a ticking/rattling/buzzing coming from underneath the car when the engine is in the 1500-1900 RPM range. Once I'm below or above that range it's completely gone. It's been going on for over a year now and it hasn't gotten any worse so I'm sure it's just something that is loose and nothing too serious but I can't find it. It drives me crazy some days so I usually cruise with the windows up.

If I could find it I would seriously jump for joy, it's almost embarassing driving around town with a car that buzzes/rattles like this.
:facepalm:
Woodie

That sounds like an exhaust system heat shield.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
bootymac

Woodie wrote:That sounds like an exhaust system heat shield.
Agreed. Get under there and start looking for loose parts
ipaqxman

bodhibro wrote:I've got one really annoying noise that is consistent everyday and I can't find a way to get rid of it. If the windows are up and the stereo is on I don't hear it but if the windows are down it's hard to ignore. It's like a ticking/rattling/buzzing coming from underneath the car when the engine is in the 1500-1900 RPM range. Once I'm below or above that range it's completely gone. It's been going on for over a year now and it hasn't gotten any worse so I'm sure it's just something that is loose and nothing too serious but I can't find it. It drives me crazy some days so I usually cruise with the windows up.

If I could find it I would seriously jump for joy, it's almost embarassing driving around town with a car that buzzes/rattles like this.
Mine does the same at that rpm. Localized the buzzing to the vibration transmitted to center armrest so if i push down on it or leave it open (arm rest lid up) it does not make that sound. Let me know if urs is similar
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
bootymac

ipaqxman wrote:
bodhibro wrote:I've got one really annoying noise that is consistent everyday and I can't find a way to get rid of it. If the windows are up and the stereo is on I don't hear it but if the windows are down it's hard to ignore. It's like a ticking/rattling/buzzing coming from underneath the car when the engine is in the 1500-1900 RPM range. Once I'm below or above that range it's completely gone. It's been going on for over a year now and it hasn't gotten any worse so I'm sure it's just something that is loose and nothing too serious but I can't find it. It drives me crazy some days so I usually cruise with the windows up.

Mine does the same at that rpm. Localized the buzzing to the vibration transmitted to center armrest so if i push down on it or leave it open (arm rest lid up) it does not make that sound. Let me know if urs is similar
Some insulation tape should fix that

ipaqxman

Where though... Right between the armrest lid n compartment? Guess ill experiment
2011 Kizash SLS AWD