performance minded

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
MrNWA

Hello Church lol

so i have been toying with the idea of using different parts from different vehicles since the aftermarket support is not there 1st off is the braking system although it is good no doubt i would like to add a set of 4 piston brakes not sure if you know but the Nissan Rogue and Honda Civic share brake parts with our vehicles.

1st idea are Z32 4 pot calipers in the front and 2 pot in the rears ( may need backing plate and hubs like the 240sx swaps.

2nd idea is the suspension out of the Audi RS4 this will allow the car to get those wheels tucked under the fenders and rear quaters for a nice rolled or over fenders look.

3rd is the idea of swaping in an AWD manual transmission to replace my CVT from a few different vehicles like:
Mazdaspeed 6
Nissan Pulsar GTiR
Acura TL SH-AWD
Mitsu Lancer Evo

Any thoughts or suggestion has anyone have any input or any other ideas they may have been thinking about doing to there cars??
KuroNekko

You're talking about some rather serious mods that will cost some serious dough. Nonetheless, cool that you're entertaining such ideas.

Brakes: I'd personally try different pads and rotors before jumping into 4 pot calipers and the like. However, it's not like it's never been done. A member from China has modded their Kizashi's brakes to a custom 4 pot set-up. Check it out:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 76&p=30362

Suspension: Apparently, German suspension maker KW makes a kit for the Kizashi. It looks like it's only sold in Europe and costs about $1500, but this may be the most serious suspension upgrade available for the Kizashi. I've checked JDM brands and no one supports the Kizashi. More info here on the KW set:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 86&p=31176

AWD Manual: This is a project where the cost would probably exceed the value of your car while being a major headache to get it working right. All the examples I've seen of these kinds of major powertrain swaps have been of cars that were nearly totally disassembled and their frames modded professionally. Personally, I just rather get the cars you named than try put their AWD systems in a Kizashi. It would probably be cheaper to do so too. The Kizashi's value and performance is just not worth this kind of costly and extensive project, IMO. If I wanted an AWD manual, I'd just get the Subaru WRX and enjoy the turbocharged engine with it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
sx4rocious

sounds like you'll be spending twice what the car is worth...

I thought about trying something like this to my SX4, assuming the First National Bank of Yeahright ok's my loan of unlimited funds and forgets to send me a payment book for the rest of my life.

Here are my ideas:
1. H27A and 5MT and AWD system from a GV mated to a good sized turbo.
2. Swapping out to a J24B mated to my J20A 5MT with a custom bell housing and stand-alone from HalTec and keeping the AWD.
3. (probably the cheapest) mounting a G-Ladder supercharger from a G60 VW Corrado to my J20A and beefing up the internals.
murcod

MrNWA wrote:
3rd is the idea of swaping in an AWD manual transmission to replace my CVT from a few different vehicles like:
Mazdaspeed 6
Nissan Pulsar GTiR
Acura TL SH-AWD
Mitsu Lancer Evo

Any thoughts or suggestion has anyone have any input or any other ideas they may have been thinking about doing to there cars??
IMHO it would be easier to convert a manual 2WD Kizashi to manual AWD. To convert a CVT AWD you've got all the CVT electronics to worry about - they're most likely integrated with the engine ECU and wouldn't be happy to suddenly discover the CVT was missing. :)
MrNWA wrote:
so i have been toying with the idea of using different parts from different vehicles since the aftermarket support is not there 1st off is the braking system although it is good no doubt i would like to add a set of 4 piston brakes not sure if you know but the Nissan Rogue and Honda Civic share brake parts with our vehicles.
The pads are interchangeable with some other vehicles, but that mightn't mean the calipers themselves share the same bolt mounting spacing. It would be interesting to find out for sure. There are plenty of other upgrades before going to that extreme (eg. better pads and slotted rotors) that are available off the shelf. Better tyres as well- the stock tyres let go way before the brakes are out of steam. ;)
David
MrNWA

thanks for all the replies and input

1 i would ditch the whole ecu and electronics and go standalone if i did the power train swap I get microtechs pretty cheap since i order so many for customer builds and have a great relationship with them.

in terms of the value of the car i bought mine 6 months old for 13 grand with 27 000 kms it is the SLS 2012 AWD the system is there why not use it i have an extra set of z32 calipers laying around those are Brembo brakes at the end of the day.

that brake swap in the other guys post look identical to the TRD big brake calipers (and it looks like he spent some DOUGH) i have seen in toyota. im trying to convince the parts manager to let me borrow them to mock them up as they have been in the showcase for 3 years and are heavey discounted

The KW suspension is for the FWD not AWD i messaged them to find out why

OEM performance keeps your cost down ive done many powertrain swaps over the years from datsun 280z with 97 corvette engine tranny rearend full standalone to cuting and welding to differen manifolds together to make what i want work :drive:

its all very simple weld here wire this up bleed fluid hook up the laptop suck bang boom lolol :lol:
MrNWA

i have the higher end pads from Akobono and im running the BF Goodrich Gmax which by the way eats my buddies 2009 M3 in the corners but its real sad on the straight :facepalm:

the pulsar GTiR uses an sr20 which may be a good alternative to the J20

worst comes to worst i stuff a 2 rotor 13B in th dam thing an let it wind hahahaha

as for the WRX i like things to be different and unique dont wanna be another guy running around with a WRX no offence same reason i dont buy honda civics to many people have them when i show up to meets people always ask what kinda car is it? aint nobody askin honda guys what kinda car is that or same with WRX you just know same with my bike i have a TL1000R nobody knows if its a Gixxes or a Busa

maybe ill strap my bottle of NOS in it wet 75 shot to see what happens :idea:
MrNWA

it really depends on your market for mass vehicles sold here in Nova Scotia we have lots of WRX it like if your in Alberta expect to see a lot of trucks and SUV here we hav a lot of AWD cars from makers like subaru way to man lexus IS250 AWD lol when we have our local car meetings here they have a lot of civic wrx sti various VW and mustang FRS and genisis.

so when i say i like having something unique at the local meets and if the Kizashi were to have a powertrain swap in the right way would be great im just waiting for the warranty to be up in like another year.
bootymac

Armykizyguy92

I agree with Kuronekko and murcod. It's going to be way to much invested . I can honestly tell u this I've spent almost 7k in rims custom exhaust and a stage 2 rrm turbo. That's half of what my 2011 sls is worth. But yes I want something unique too but swapping other cars things int to kizashi will just take away from what it is.
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
KuroNekko

Arg, it looks like some of our posts made during the server switch were lost. Admin did warn us though.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)