central locking

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
paininthenuts

Every now and then the central locking refuses to work with the key fob, although the keyless operation still works. It's not the fob, because it happens even with the spare one. Try it a bit later and then it works. I have no idea why this is, any tips or advice would be appreciated.
KuroNekko

Try changing out the battery in the fob for a new one. See if that changes anything.
The battery is a CR2032 and is commonly sold in pharmacies, hardware stores, and even grocery stores in the US. I don't know about the UK, but I saw these batteries everywhere in Japan.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

I've had the same thing and I know it's not the battery in my fob. I can be standing right next to it and it won't work.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
paininthenuts

KuroNekko wrote:Try changing out the battery in the fob for a new one. See if that changes anything.
The battery is a CR2032 and is commonly sold in pharmacies, hardware stores, and even grocery stores in the US. I don't know about the UK, but I saw these batteries everywhere in Japan.
Like I said, I have tried both fobs' it's definitely not the battery
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Try changing out the battery in the fob for a new one. See if that changes anything.
Like I said, I have tried both fobs' it's definitely not the battery
An unused fob will still have battery drain. The only way to rule out a battery is to put in a brand new one and see if it makes any difference. A new battery resolved all issues I had with my fob.
bootymac

Exact same thing happened to both of my remotes. Change the batteries and all is well.

The old batteries were 2.95V while the new ones were 3.33V
robertlstreet

How long before you replaced a battery?
n8dogg

My batteries got weak at about 3 years. Took me several more months of just putting up with them until I finally went ahead and changed the batteries. Did both at the same time.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KuroNekko

Yeah, the batteries in the fobs should be replaced over time, regardless of use. I have two fobs but only use one. I recently tested the spare and it was dead despite not being used. After 3 years of sitting in a desk drawer, that battery has drained out. This is why I'm adamant about people first changing their fob battery as soon as things start acting up with car entry access.
bootymac

The keyless entry/start seems to drain key remote batteries much faster