Moving to the desert

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
MrCliveNYC

Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated. Will probably just wait to see how it is over there for a few months and then decide. Don't want to rush into anything right away. Once I get a feel for the place and feel I could stay for a extended period then I will ship it over. Been to the middle east before but as a military deployment. So living there as an expat would be a totally different experience.
SamirD

I like that approach. Storing it for a few months would be easy-peasy.
MrCliveNYC

Just an update. I was given a Nissan Sunny. Sort of like a Nissan Sentra. It has take off lag worst than the Kizashi. So far so good. Shipping estimate is in the range of 2500 to 3500 depending on options and fees. Probably won't do it.

One issue is I was unable to remove the nuts that hold the cables down on to the battery. Could not get them off. Will this be an issue? Will try to get back at some point to rectify it. Most likely will my battery be dead? I added fuel stabilizer as well. My car is in a temperature controlled storage place.
BLyons

It depends on the battery and how long it sits. My Firebird sat outside all winter one year and fired right up in the spring, so that was like 5 months in many subzero temps.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
SamirD

If you've got access to a wall outlet in storage, a 'battery tender' brand battery tender works wonders. Just set it and forget it. I've got a lot of these and they've kept me from killing batteries.
MrCliveNYC

SamirD wrote:If you've got access to a wall outlet in storage, a 'battery tender' brand battery tender works wonders. Just set it and forget it. I've got a lot of these and they've kept me from killing batteries.
Unfortunately the outlet has a 30 minute timer on it. I will actually ship my car out here. Will do it next year though. Received quotes under $2000 which is reasonable. There are several Suzuki service and dealerships here. So it will actually be better to have it out here than in the states.
SamirD

MrCliveNYC wrote:
SamirD wrote:If you've got access to a wall outlet in storage, a 'battery tender' brand battery tender works wonders. Just set it and forget it. I've got a lot of these and they've kept me from killing batteries.
Unfortunately the outlet has a 30 minute timer on it. I will actually ship my car out here. Will do it next year though. Received quotes under $2000 which is reasonable. There are several Suzuki service and dealerships here. So it will actually be better to have it out here than in the states.
Nice! Great that you'll be able to still enjoy it. :drive:
MrCliveNYC

Definitely not shipping it now. Will will move it down to my mother in law's home in NC to watch it. Driving it here wouldn't be worth the cost. I head back late November. Will see if it fires up.
SamirD

Well, at least you can use the battery tender now. I'm sure it will be just fine. If he's willing to start it up and get it to operating temperatures once every 6 months, even better.

Be sure to keep insurance on it and let your registration dmv know what's up. Some of them have discounts for non-used cars and will still keep them legally registered so you don't have to go through the whole process again.
MrCliveNYC

Came back home for thanksgiving. Battery was dead. The amount of trouble it was to get it back working and then changing the battery, to driving my Uhaul truck with the Kizashi attached to it with a hitch was exhausting. 9 hour drive and around 400 miles later, it was all over. Never had to drive a truck with a car loaded on a hitch before so it was quite an experience.