Cvt transmission

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
baz

I want to upgrade my cvt transmission. Anybody know someone who does this ???

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Woodie

CVT transmission and performance are opposite things. If you want an upgrade, get a manual. You'll be shocked at the difference.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

I don't think there is much you can do to upgrade a CVT. About the only performance-related part for the Kizashi's CVT I've ever seen was an RRM CVT cooler which is basically a larger radiator for the CVT fluid. I don't know of anyone who has this upgrade but it may potentially help keep the CVT fluid cooler so it performs better in more demanding driving such as on mountain passes. But like Woodie said, CVTs and performance are pretty much mutually exclusive. CVTs are intended to give good fuel economy and a smooth driving experience. They basically the worst for performance, especially acceleration.
The strong point of a CVT Kizashi is the available AWD. Manual are only FWD.

The simple and sad reality is that the Kizashi isn't a performance car and there is just about nothing on the market for upgrades. If you want to have a turbo automatic AWD car, I suggest selling your Kizashi and getting something else.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Engineer60

Yes the CVT in our cars is not the best and it would not take kindly to overload engine tuning torque output, but to say its not designed for acceleration is not strictly true you just have to balance the drive by wire throttle pedal position to the engine RPM in D to get the best out of it which doesn't take much practice to be honest, playing with the manual 6 speed option with the gear lever and paddle shifters can give similar easier results if you are familar with manual transmissions.

I don't know if the mapping for the drive by wire throttle has changed since 2011 to 2013 which our car is or if the transmission can bus and engine maps have also been tweeked, either way I don't have any performance problems with my better half's Kizashi CVT and my normal drive is a Jaguar STR.
“If you see a gap and don't go for it, you are no longer a racing driver”
baz

Engineer60 wrote:Yes the CVT in our cars is not the best and it would not take kindly to overload engine tuning torque output, but to say its not designed for acceleration is not strictly true you just have to balance the drive by wire throttle pedal position to the engine RPM in D to get the best out of it which doesn't take much practice to be honest, playing with the manual 6 speed option with the gear lever and paddle shifters can give similar easier results if you are familar with manual transmissions.

I don't know if the mapping for the drive by wire throttle has changed since 2011 to 2013 which our car is or if the transmission can bus and engine maps have also been tweeked, either way I don't have any performance problems with my better half's Kizashi CVT and my normal drive is a Jaguar STR.
Thanks for the info Engineer60

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk