Really poor gas mileage

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
humble_kid

In Canada, all Shell V-power (91 octane) is ethanol free. Chevron 94 (not their 91) is also ethanol free. PetroCanada also has ethanol free but I never use their fuel.
humble_kid

Ethanol free gas location in the States can be found on http://pure-gas.org/
It's a user updated site so it may not be 100% accurate.
honsonwong

Thanks humble_kid, I have had my first tank Shell V-power couple days ago. I found the price of 91 octane is about 11% higher than 87 octane. Hoping the mileage can have 11% increase. I will try 3-4 tanks to see the difference.
Northernstar

superstore 91 also claims it is ethanol free. Husky 94 is ethanol free as well.
WESHOOT2

Last tank, Sunoco 93, 352.9 miles, 10.9 gallons.

(92,009)
n8dogg

I can't believe the mileage you guys are getting (I’m mostly talking to you WSHOOTT2)! I average 22-24 mpg, using my own calculations not the car estimator. Sure, it’s still within the claimed mileage, just on the low end. I drive probably 40% HWY, the surface streets I do drive are not city blocks with lots of lights to stop at and I TRY not to throttle it at the ones I do stop at. I carry no weight, just me driving to work. The best I got was 26 when I burned an entire tank on a HWY road trip. Today I filled up my first tank of Non-ethanol to see if it will help. It was pretty expensive, only one shop in town with it. By the way, if you’re looking for non-ethanol, here’s where I looked…pure-gas.org. Found it on Google.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
humble_kid

32-34 MPG is insanely good. I get about 28-31 MPG with ethanol free premium gas, depending on whether the AC is on or not. I drive 35-40% highway.
D3lusion

Hi All,

Not too sure if I should be worried and get my Kizashi looked at by the service department but the petrol consumption on our Suzuki Sports AWD is ridiculously high.

The car have only done 9500km and according to the car's computer we are averaging 12L/100km which seems extremely high for an 2.4L 4cylinder engine car. However we do a lot of city driving and the average speed according to the car's computer is 30km/h.

Anyone else with an AWD model getting similarly high petrol consumption?

Really don't know whether I should get service department to look into it, because I heard faulty O2 sensors can high petrol consumption.
murcod

Have you got an OBDII scanner at all? You can plug that in and it will read any logged fault codes; some can also do "live" data and you can read sensor outputs.

If you did a lot of city driving in heavy traffic (ie. caught stopped a lot) I could imagine economy like that. I got caught in Adelaide CBD when the Clipsal Racing circuit was open with numerous road closures. It was literally gridlocked with often 5+ changes of the lights to get through intersections- the long term average economy jumped by 0.1l /100km that day (averaged over probably 3000km.) So if you drive in that sort of traffic regularly it would kill the economy.
David
Grandpa1951

Gee guys ( and perhaps girls too ), I'm getting < 8.5 l/100 km (12 km/l x 2.82 to get mpg, for the Yanks ). Admittedly the car has only 1100 K's from new and I'm still running it in. Very short busts of up to 5K rpm and varying speeds from 60 ~110 kph for the majority. That is on 91 RON unleaded. Don't think the extra for higher octane is value for money....unless you are really after the "extra performance".