Who has the nicest Kizashi?

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
kconklin33

All went well. Yes the hood is back on and I'm currently working on a full length video of the car and that will surely have exhaust clips. Stay tuned an i'll have the video up in the near future.
SamirD

Lots of work put into the car. I'll be really interested in the lawsuit as it's obvious it was the dealership's fault for not connecting something back right.
kconklin33

SamirD the car was put back together at the auto body shop but after further analysis and bringing the blown up block to several (5) engine builders all have stated it has to be a manufacturer defect. The block did not melt, the head did not warp, there is simply a chunk of the piston wall that cracked off. I will add pictures of the damage soon just to show the misery. Anyhow, the case is still up in the air and more than likely will result in a claim towards Suzuki at this point. I have also gotten the engine builders to confirm they will submit an affidavit and or testify if need be. If anything else in the case comes up I'll be sure to spread the word.
kconklin33

Also got a clip of the exhaust. Will upload shortly
SamirD

kconklin33 wrote:SamirD the car was put back together at the auto body shop but after further analysis and bringing the blown up block to several (5) engine builders all have stated it has to be a manufacturer defect. The block did not melt, the head did not warp, there is simply a chunk of the piston wall that cracked off. I will add pictures of the damage soon just to show the misery. Anyhow, the case is still up in the air and more than likely will result in a claim towards Suzuki at this point. I have also gotten the engine builders to confirm they will submit an affidavit and or testify if need be. If anything else in the case comes up I'll be sure to spread the word.
This is very interesting to hear. There's been nearly no engine issues with these cars, but I even think I hear some piston noise in my #2. Were your mechanics able to ascertain which piston in which cylinder broke? Was there any mechanical noise before the engine blew?
DesRado

Looking forward to the exhaust clip.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

kconklin33

IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1330.JPG (57.61 KiB) Viewed 5642 times

Also anyone who has done an oil pan let me know. It appears as if the subframe is going to cause an issues with removing the pan (2" or so of the pan seem to overlap the subframe. Unsure if I'm going to have to drop the subframe or maybe unbolt 2 of the motor mounts and hoist it up a little to wiggle the pan out. Any ideas?

Also exhaust video is being published. Will upload youtube link
kconklin33

^^^^^ Exhaust Link
SamirD

kconklin33 wrote:
IMG_1330.JPG

Also anyone who has done an oil pan let me know. It appears as if the subframe is going to cause an issues with removing the pan (2" or so of the pan seem to overlap the subframe. Unsure if I'm going to have to drop the subframe or maybe unbolt 2 of the motor mounts and hoist it up a little to wiggle the pan out. Any ideas?

Also exhaust video is being published. Will upload youtube link
Ouch! Do a search for the factory service manual and it'll tell you exactly how to disassemble it and put it back together. 8-)
FrankoLaMoya

It sounds gooooooood!
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)