Headlight Bulb Replacement

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
btownkizashi

What is this that i hear you have to drop the bumper to replace the bulb or get at it is this true???
Previous Cars:
1995 Infiniti G20
2003 Mercedes Benz C230 sport coupe Kompressor
2007 Ford Focus
2011 SE AWD
sciraddo

Sadly enough, yes. Unless you are triple jointed and have the hands of a tiny Asian girl...LOL.
btownkizashi

So to change just a burnt out bulb i have to drop the bumper how does that work that is awful and a haggerd design i have yet to replace one but with winter apon us, it gets dark at about 4pm so lights are very important, and if one burns out i dont have the means to drop the bumper this sucks!
Previous Cars:
1995 Infiniti G20
2003 Mercedes Benz C230 sport coupe Kompressor
2007 Ford Focus
2011 SE AWD
babacu

btownkizashi wrote:So to change just a burnt out bulb i have to drop the bumper how does that work that is awful and a haggerd design i have yet to replace one but with winter apon us, it gets dark at about 4pm so lights are very important, and if one burns out i dont have the means to drop the bumper this sucks!
Not really. I've replaced the bulbs 3 times already, without taking the bumper off. Follow the instructions in the manual, the hardest part is disengaging the clamp that holds the bulb in place. Search the forum for some details (the topic has been discussed a few times already).

And no, I'm not triple jointed, neither do I have tiny hands. ;-)

Good luck.
murcod

It would depend on which bulb you're trying to replace - low beam, high beam, parkers or indicators (and also which side you're replacing them on.) I can't see how some of them could be replaced without removing the bumper and headlight assy.

BTW it's not an uncommon thing these days for bumpers needing to be removed to change bulbs. I do agree it is stupid though!
David
KuroNekko

The bulbs on the right side (if seated in the car) or starboard side can be replaced without removal of the bumper. I can get my hand in there.

Some of the bulbs for the left side or port side are much harder to access because the engine bay fuse box limits clearance. Unless the fuse box can be removed, the bumper and headlight may need to be removed for a bulb replacement.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jono6406

What is easier removing the fuse box or bumper???

(Now take your pick) :lol: :lol: :lol:
BxKizashiS

Removing the bumper is very easy, I've done it 100 times. 1 screw on each side of the bumper right where the front wheels are & 3 screw ontop of the bumper when u open the hood. Other then that one screw near the front wheels the bumper is snapped in place, so just give a small pull & it will pop out. Before u drop the bumper to the floor beware of the side marker plugs, drop it slowly & unplug the side markers then u can take down the bumper... I personally would remove the whole bumper entirely cuz it's easier when puttin back on, but the way I just told u is the fast and easy way
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
Firefly

Just replaced the left side low beam, the most difficult to access. The Sport bumper cover has a few more screws underneath to remove. Not difficult overall, but when its 30 degrees farenheit with ice and snow on the ground it's not too much fun. In colder areas, headlamps tend to blow when the temperature dips.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
D3lusion

Hey folks,

Looking to change the parkers on my Kizashi, but from what I have been reading it seems like a pain in the butt! as most people say you need to drop the bumper, but how hard is it to do it without dropping the bumper?

Also, I assume the parkers uses T10's? looking at getting some whiter bulb to match my factory HID.