Is there any high performance package for Kizashi?

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
amarlondis

Does anyone figure out how to install and program a supercharger, ITB, and or turbo on a Kizashi with CVT transmission? The reason I'm asking is that car owners of Nissan, Mitsubishi and Subaru installing turbo in their cars and they're use CVT transmission...The other night I race a VW Jetta (manual), on top speed I beat him, but accelerating from the start line he beat me by the fender of his car. I was on automatic mode, if I was on manual I could of beat him, and thats when I realize that some people who owns other cars that have CVT transmission is going turbo...
KuroNekko

To my knowledge, there is no forced induction support for the CVT Kizashi. RRM offers the turbo kit for the 6 speed manual Kizashi.

Even with other makes, most OEMs avoid putting performance-minded turbocharged engines together with CVTs. The new WRX is an exception, but many people are very skeptical about it.

Sad to say, but given the extremely limited tuner support for the Kizashi, if one was serious about tuning or having forced induction, they should just get a different car. This is especially the case with CVT models.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

CVTs found on those applications are probably beefed up to handle the torque
sx4rocious

There used to be a turbo CVT SX4 in our sister forum. It didn't last long...
murcod

sx4rocious wrote:There used to be a turbo CVT SX4 in our sister forum. It didn't last long...
:lol:

There's no logical reason I can think of why the RRM kit wouldn't bolt onto the CVT Kizashi. However, they probably didn't want the headaches of people blaming them for CVT failures.

I think it was posted in another thread that the Kizashi (Jatco) CVT is only rated for 230Nm torque? A stock Kizashi is already approaching that figure; add even a low boost turbo and you'll easily exceed it.
David
LPSISRL

Just my two cents, but I've always wondered why the CVT model was 180 HP and the manual was 185. I'm assuming that this this is shaft HP. Same engine, so the CVT engine is de-tuned. My guess is that the CVT installed in our Kizashi's is at the maximum rated input torque when the J24B is operating at max output. So they reduced to HP on the CVT models to save the tranny. I can't think of any other reason why the CVT model would be de-tuned and cut 5 HP. So I'm guessing that if you boost the HP/torque going into the CVT, your risk on blowing it up rises dramatically. Probably not worth a fender's distance when drag racing on the street... which is incredibly dangerous. Could you live with yourself if a mom with her kids in a mini-van pulls out in front of you? Which by the way, could be from a prison cell on a manslaughter charge. Sorry, but I'm have 4 kids and I'm grampa to 2 more. If you were on a legal strip, certainly ignore the remarks and my hat is off to you for racing the right way. If you were on a deserted road, that's a little better but anything can happen when you don't control all the variables.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
johnhenrydale

I actually talked to one the guys at Road Race about this the other day. You can turbo the CVT (it CAN handle their turbo kit, apparently) but because of where the boost hits it doesn't give you anywhere near the power gains you get in with the manual, something like only 15-20 more hp at the wheel vs. what - 95 more ? - for the manual.

Speaking of turbo-ing Kizashis. I just saw a 2010 MT base model go on sale for $6700. What are the main differences, suspension&performance-wise, between the S and the GTS/SLS ?
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
KuroNekko

johnhenrydale wrote:
Speaking of turbo-ing Kizashis. I just saw a 2010 MT base model go on sale for $6700. What are the main differences, suspension&performance-wise, between the S and the GTS/SLS ?
A manual S is as basic as the Kizashi comes. It's like a different car from the features, feel, to even looks when compared to a Sport SLS or GTS in my opinion. Check out some photos of a S. Plastic steering wheel, steel wheels with hub caps, no Sport fascia nor fog lights, etc. The manual S is basically like a fleet car. It's only got the basics and only comes in one color: white. It would be a huge downgrade for anyone with a SLS or GTS, especially with the Sport trim. Personally, I'd rather have a SLS or GTS with AWD than a S manual even if the S had less miles. I say this as a manual lover too.
I think the S for $6700 could be a good deal (depending on mileage and condition, of course), but not something to get rid of a nicer Kizashi Sport for. I'd only pick up a S manual as a project car and would never give up a GTS or SLS for one.
Just my two cents.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
johnhenrydale

Yeah, trust me, I wouldn't get rid of my SLS either. This would definitely be a project car, perhaps something to turbo-fy and add a brake kit onto. But I wanted to see how much of the underpinnings are the same. Just REALLY wanting to get my hands on a manual SLS (which are almost non-existent, as far as i can tell) or a GTS. I've been kicking myself ever since I let that GTS on Carmax slip away and haven't seen a low-mileage 2011-2013 manual since. Living in Miami now, there's really not a whole lot of other factors to keep driving interesting other than rowing your own.
2011 Kizashi Sport "GLS" 2WD
(GTS Upgrade project)
6sp MT
Azure Gray Metallic
Anthracite Gray Vossen CVT 19" / 5 x 114.3 +32
murcod

johnhenrydale wrote:I actually talked to one the guys at Road Race about this the other day. You can turbo the CVT (it CAN handle their turbo kit, apparently) but because of where the boost hits it doesn't give you anywhere near the power gains you get in with the manual, something like only 15-20 more hp at the wheel vs. what - 95 more ? - for the manual.
What RRM said doesn't make a lot of sense? It's like saying you could put a 1.0 litre engine in place of the 2.4l and not notice any difference in performance!?
David