www.kizashiclub.com gives 522 error

Suggest new sections, and let us know about any errors that may need to be fixed.
SamirD

I've been running into these all day thinking the site was down. Accidentally dropped the www's and everythings fine. :?
murcod

It's been okay for me - but I normally use a link straight to the forums eg. http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/

I just tried your link and got to the "front page" fine too. Perhaps your ISP is having issues?
David
SamirD

I don't think it was an isp issue because I was getting a cloudflare 522 error showing that my browser was fine, cloudflare was fine, but that the host was refusing the connection. Strange indeed.

I didn't get any emails indicating any new posts here in the forum either, so my thoughts were that something was definitely going on with the server.
Moto
Site Admin

Yeah that is probably the case then. This forum is still on shared hosting. I am subject to problems caused by other sites. Maybe someday I will shell out the cash for a VPS (more than double the cost of our current hosting plan).

I'm currently in Aruba so I didn't even notice it went down.

Yesterday day was the worst flight day ever.....
Jan 1:
Up at 4 AM to fly out of Fargo ND at a supposed flight at 7:40AM (still showing on time on the Fargo airport website)

Fargo to Chicago- 3 hours late due to oxygen mask deployment&Weather.
- While inflight to Chicago the hydraulics started to fail aka poor flight control and landing gear may not deploy properly.Emergency divert to Madison Wi,
-Assume crash position and get chased down the runway firetrucks. (not my first rodeo on this)

~ 2 hours on the ground in Madison

~ 3ish hour bus ride to Chicago in a snow storm @ 35 mph

New connection flight delayed due to weather. I don't remember what time we really got off the ground We'll say 9:40-10PM

Jan 2:
- Land in Miami around 12:30

- Miami tries to deny me vouchers attempting to say my plane was late due to weather. At which time you see a near total freak the fuck out on the AA travel person. (No swearing but basically told her I wasn't moving until she did her job to the best of her ability because every airport up to that point had pushed their problems off to the next airport and unfortunately for her she was the last in line.)

Force her to make calls @ 1 AM to whoever it took to figure it out.

1:30 AMish Get my vouchers (There were more people from my original flight coming in on a later Miami flight...(It was suppose to beat my flight by 3 hours but their flight got canceled--> re-booked) I talked some of them today and apparently they didn't have as much trouble as me so I saved a few people some time.)

Double Tree Motel for ~5 hours. Back on the plane @ 10 AM today

made it to Aruba at about 3 PM after circling the island in a small thunderstorm for about 40 min.

Lesson of the whole deal... I will probably never flying AA again. It would make me happy if you also picked other carriers.

I do not blame them for the things that were outside of their control, but at a minimum they could have had vouchers for all of the people who were going on to Miami (In Madison it was obvious that 16 of us would not make connections in Miami). When I got to Miami I found that they also intentionally entered misleading information into their system regard why my original plane got diverted/left late. AA is proved to be as shady as possible at every step of the way. In addition, I also requested that they print a copy of exactly what they can see for my flight history so that I could deal with any insurance claims I may need to make. They outright refused to print me a copy of all of my flight changes. (Made the claim that it was coded and I wouldn't be able to figure it out)
sx4rocious

on the bright side, you're in A-fricken-ruba on the same day I had to drive home from work at 30 Mph in a fricken blizzard!!!!
murcod

What a nightmare trip....

Out of interest, I was having the same problems as SamirD yesterday.
David
SamirD

That's about the worst flight experience I have ever read. Glad you made it okay and everything worked out relatively okay in the end. Crazy you were in Madison. That's only about 2hrs from here. :lol:

It was definitely a bilzzard as the snow was falling so fast it looked like rain. Dumped about 5 inches in just a few hours. Driving was dtupid bad until the streets were cleared, but by afternoon it was back to normal.

I thought you might not have been around as it was the holiday. I keep my cell number on my site and if it goes down for more than 10 minutes, my users are texting me. :lol: It seemed to come back up on its own, starting first with the non-www domain.

How much is your shared hosting? I'm getting the equivalent of a vps for about $35/mo through urljet.
Moto
Site Admin

Shared hosting is around $150 a year give or take. Most of the time it works just fine. Since 2009 I can only think of a handful of failures. (hostgator)

Their VPS plans are not as good competitive. I would be looking at about 50 a month just for hosting. At that rate the site would not break even.

I have been looking at other options. There are some cloud VPS plans that have cpanel. I will probably switch to one of those within the next year, but I have quite a bit going on.

This site will probably be the last one I switch over as I expect I may make some mistakes in the process. In addition I have been happy with hostgator for about 5 years. They have been helpful on a few occasions.

My only negative experience in 5 years:
One time they shutdown all of my sites rather than just my offending site when I made a poorly written script with a memory leak. Caused about a 24 hours of down time for all sites, but realistically they probably could have canceled my account because I inadvertently caused them some server trouble.
SamirD

That's pretty cheap. I've found not all vps or shared hosting plans are the same though. I moved from a vps at asmallorange to a shared on urljet and the site speed went up 10x because of the newer hardware urljet is using. And my hosting cost went down too.

I had a similar issue with realwebhost to what you had with hostgator except it wasn't my fault at all--their hd crashed and when they restored the site, they lost a critical database table in the ad system I was using. When the server tried to serve, the load would spike sky high. They denied they caused the problem and insisted I did something. They gave me an ultimatum to turn off my site and fix the problem or they would. I was starting a brick and mortor auto parts distribution business at the time so I turned it off. Three years later, I was basically starting from scratch again.
Moto
Site Admin

That wouldn't be any fun at all. I have thought about starting a few local businesses, but I have never got too far. Came up with basic business models, but I have never followed through. I expect that I may in the future. If I go work in the oil fields for a few years I should be able to build some capital so I wouldn't be broke day 1.