The Kizashi Engine Sounds Just Like A...

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
Crazy thing is that this noise has been there since we bought the car with 28k on it. It was only subtle at first and goes away for 5 minutes after starting with a fresh oil change. But then it comes back. It's worse with cold too.
Have you tried using different brands of motor oil? What's the mileage on the car now?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

It originally came with Mobil 1 synthetic and a Mobil One filter (like the one you use), then the next 5 oil changes were Napa gold non-synthetic (which is what the Fox Valley former Suzuki dealership uses) and genuine Suzuki filters. I know I used some Royal Purple in between and another Mobile 1 for one of the changes. I put in Amsoil's top of the line synthetic as well as used their recommended filter, which is slightly smaller than the stock made in japan Kizashi filter, but was quite heavy even when empty. Mileage is just over 58k.
stephen.louks

Has anyone had their valvelash adjusted like you're recommended to do so at 75k? Clicking can be caused by the tips of the rockers contacting the tips of the valves. If you are out of specification this noise will be greater.
SamirD

stephen.louks wrote:Has anyone had their valvelash adjusted like you're recommended to do so at 75k? Clicking can be caused by the tips of the rockers contacting the tips of the valves. If you are out of specification this noise will be greater.
I've suspected that some of valvelash might have been out of spec from the factory. But the noise that sounds like a piston rocking in the cylinder doesn't sound like the lighter 'tick' of a valvetrain noise.
LPSISRL

I have no idea what a piston rocking in a cylinder sounds like.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
SamirD

LPSISRL wrote:I have no idea what a piston rocking in a cylinder sounds like.
I didn't either until I ran 0-40 in the Corvette and it made the same sound upon startup. Seems like the Corvette's engine tolerances were too wide to run the 0 weight oil. It was more happy with a thicker oil.

If you can imagine this, it sounds like metal horseshoes on concrete, almost like tap dancers, but really, really soft. So soft in fact that you can only hear it in two places--inside the car with no other noise and windows up, or in front of the engine listening through the front grille.
LPSISRL

Is it also called piston slap? Now I have heard that.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
SamirD

LPSISRL wrote:Is it also called piston slap? Now I have heard that.
That's it! That's what it sounds like. Very, very soft piston slap.
casie.king

We had the engine chattering sound at 1500 rpm. 50k approx miles. Found out the transfer case was gone. Suzuki repaired under warranty.
KuroNekko

casie.king wrote:We had the engine chattering sound at 1500 rpm. 50k approx miles. Found out the transfer case was gone. Suzuki repaired under warranty.
Nice to hear Suzuki replaced it under warranty. Was the process of filing a warranty claim difficult in your case?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)