Maintenance

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
jadeng97

Sitting at 62k miles. What all of the scheduled maintenance log for 60k really needs to be done. I know the brake fluid is fine being as i just replaced the brakes a bit ago and it was all fine. But things like engine coolant, spark plugs and transfer oil should all these things be replaced? I know i need to do the cabin air filter and probably the engine air filter but those are things ill do by myself. Just looking to see what i need to have the garage do? Thanks for the help.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS i-AWD (Red)
WESHOOT2

I might suggest changing fluids in the transmission (if CVT), all transfer cases and differentials, and waiting to see what others here might also suggest.
KuroNekko

jadeng97 wrote:Sitting at 62k miles. What all of the scheduled maintenance log for 60k really needs to be done. I know the brake fluid is fine being as i just replaced the brakes a bit ago and it was all fine. But things like engine coolant, spark plugs and transfer oil should all these things be replaced? I know i need to do the cabin air filter and probably the engine air filter but those are things ill do by myself. Just looking to see what i need to have the garage do? Thanks for the help.
The coolant change is closer to 90,000 miles due to the Kizashi using the Super Long Life blue coolant.
Spark plugs can go longer but under "severe" use, they are listed to be replaced at 63,000 miles. My car is at the same mileage and I am planning to replace them very soon.
If you have a CVT, it's probably a good thing to get the fluid changed at this mileage. Do the transfer case and rear differential while at it unless already done.

Below is a quick and useful link to the Kizashi's maintenance schedule for Canadian models. Just keep in mind that it's in KMs instead of miles.
https://www.suzuki.ca/auto/Kizashi_11-1 ... Severe.pdf
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

It's all in the owner's manual...
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AkOPdGqmmciDdLUnWV1jHZwPUmQ
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
jadeng97

I know its all in there. Just figured id check to see what owners who have done it recommend. No sense in paying the garage to replace and inspect everything if i can narrow it down to the things I can do and the things i need them to do.
jadeng97

Just called the garage, going to have them replace the transmission fluid along with the transfer case and diff fluid. And change out the spark plugs. Waiting to see how much that sets me back.
jadeng97

So got my inspection done today. Passed. But, tires are already down to 7/32 after only about 6k miles. Last set only lasted about 15k before they had to be replaced. I know they are known to wear fast but this seems a bit ridiculous especially since it cost almost $700 to have them installed. Anyone else wearing this fast?
KuroNekko

jadeng97 wrote:So got my inspection done today. Passed. But, tires are already down to 7/32 after only about 6k miles. Last set only lasted about 15k before they had to be replaced. I know they are known to wear fast but this seems a bit ridiculous especially since it cost almost $700 to have them installed. Anyone else wearing this fast?
What kind of tires do you have?
Also, how are the tires wearing? The earlier Kizashis (MY 2010 and 2011) came from the factory with bad alignment at the rear. This lead to rapid uneven wear of the tires. Suzuki has since issued revised specs for alignment.
My OE Dunlops wore out at about 33,000 miles and the insides were thread-bare. I've since replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires which have been excellent and wearing evenly. I also got an alignment job to correct the factory issue a while before and also when I got the new tires. I have about 30,000 miles on them now and they look like they will make it to at least 45,000 miles.
jadeng97

The previous ones were cooper cs5 and they only lasted about 15k. They were put on before i got the car so i do not know about the alignment. The ones i have on now are kumho solus ta31 i think. I had an alignment done but i couldnt tell if it was to suzuki specs or whatever the mechanic felt was right. I've had the car just over a year now. But, if I have to replace tires every year I can't imagine it's gonna be worth it to keep it.
KuroNekko

Try to figure out what the issue is. How are the tires wearing?