Maintenance

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
jadeng97

KuroNekko wrote:Try to figure out what the issue is. How are the tires wearing?

I'll check again put it looks pretty even. the fronts wore a bit more than the backs did. But, ill check again to make sure its not an alignment issue
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS i-AWD (Red)
DiggerDerrik

Do you know how much tread they had new? Maybe they only started at 8/32nds? The Goodyear Eagles I just got rid of had 3/32nds when I tossed em and they had 60,000. But I don't know what they had new.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
jadeng97

DiggerDerrik wrote:Do you know how much tread they had new? Maybe they only started at 8/32nds? The Goodyear Eagles I just got rid of had 3/32nds when I tossed em and they had 60,000. But I don't know what they had new.

They are 10/32" to start and come with a 60000 mile warranty.
KuroNekko

You can't always count on the previous owner taking proper care of the car and tires either.
My girlfriend bought a 2007 Mazda3 last summer. It had about 120,000 miles but she got it rather cheap. However, in the test drive, I told her the suspension was out and needed a full replacement. I tried to get her to look at a Suzuki SX4 with less miles but the seller wasn't available and she was set on the Mazda.

A few months after she bought it, I replaced the struts and shocks with all new KYB parts and the ride and handling vastly improved. However, her vehicle remained extremely noisy like the wheel bearings were worn. After taking it to a Mazda dealer, a master tech stated the tires were cupped and they were causing the noise. It all makes sense given the car came with worn out struts and shocks so those ruined the tires the car came with. That's the next thing to replace in the car.

I joke that she should have gotten the Suzuki instead but she claims she didn't want a mini-me of my Kizashi as it was also a black sedan and had tinted windows. :roll:
Fortunately, the engine and transmission is in decent shape in the Mazda and those are simply better in a Mazda3 S than a SX4 . It has the larger 2.3 liter and the automatic has 5 gears instead of the SX4's 4 gears for that model year. The 3's automatic is surprisingly good and doesn't take away much from how my former 5 speed manual Mazda3 drove. Even as an auto, it's fun to drive.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jadeng97

The previous owner works in the garage at the dealership I bought it at and he has another white one. Also it came with pretty good records of when things were replaced and when maintenance was preformed. So I don't think it had a lot to do with that. Still just annoyed at how rapidly they're wearing. I can't afford to keep putting tires on it.
KuroNekko

jadeng97 wrote:The previous owner works in the garage at the dealership I bought it at and he has another white one. Also it came with pretty good records of when things were replaced and when maintenance was preformed. So I don't think it had a lot to do with that. Still just annoyed at how rapidly they're wearing. I can't afford to keep putting tires on it.
Don't assume anything just because of who had it. A car eats tires like that when something is wrong. You need to investigate what the issue is and seek to correct it. Like what happened with my Kizashi, I noted the uneven wear, found out the cause, got it corrected, and then my replacement tires have been wearing totally fine since. Also keep in mind that UHP tires like mine have a lower tread life grade than the Grand Touring tires you have. This further shows there are issues to resolve with your particular vehicle if they are wearing extraordinarily fast.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jadeng97

So looks like the tires that were on the front are wearing more on the inner side. Which is exactly what happened with the last set. all even on the backs. Still don't understand why the backs are down to 7 already
jadeng97

I attached my last alignment sheet does it look right?
Attachments
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG (324.71 KiB) Viewed 8019 times
Scar

KuroNekko wrote:
jadeng97 wrote:So got my inspection done today. Passed. But, tires are already down to 7/32 after only about 6k miles. Last set only lasted about 15k before they had to be replaced. I know they are known to wear fast but this seems a bit ridiculous especially since it cost almost $700 to have them installed. Anyone else wearing this fast?
What kind of tires do you have?
Also, how are the tires wearing? The earlier Kizashis (MY 2010 and 2011) came from the factory with bad alignment at the rear. This lead to rapid uneven wear of the tires. Suzuki has since issued revised specs for alignment.
My OE Dunlops wore out at about 33,000 miles and the insides were thread-bare. I've since replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires which have been excellent and wearing evenly. I also got an alignment job to correct the factory issue a while before and also when I got the new tires. I have about 30,000 miles on them now and they look like they will make it to at least 45,000 miles.
Anyone know what the new alignment specs are?
Woodie

viewtopic.php?p=10208#p10208

Thew new specs should be in the machine they use to do the alignment. They're updated regularly. This was only needed when Suzuki first released the change, it's been five years now, everyone should have it.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency