Kizashsi cranks for less than 1 second then aborts.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
flatmaster

I've been having an intermittent issue with my Kizashi.

Symptoms:
With car in park and foot on brake, Unit will crank for less than a second then abort. At first I thought I was taking my foot off the brake and aborting the crank. I made sure my foot was on brake and It definitely stops cranking all by itself. It is not a weak battery because once the issue is eventually resolved, it cranks fine.
Display will show the error "Service Start System". Not sure if this is the error verbatim, but a lot of other people seem to get this error.
Under the hood, there is something clicking constantly. This persists even when push button cycled to off mode. It seems to be coming from engine area and not the relay/electronics area. Could possibly be coming from transition.
Car has the following ODBII code. I'm not certain that it coincides with this event, but there was a yellow wrench indicator that eventually went out.

P062F
$07E9 Generic
Internal Control Module
EEPROM error

What I did:

Opened hood and took off negative battery terminal. After several seconds, reapplied battery terminal. Car cranked fine, but indicated a yellow wrench for a day.

Possible problems:

My other vehicle is a manual transmiton, so I will occasionally turn off the ignition while automatic transmition is in drive. Vehicle will ding you before leaving, so I always put back to park before leaving vehicle.
In this particular case, I was waiting outside someones house to pick them up. I had stopped the engine, co I may have tried to start vehicle in drive, but that should just cause the display to say "shift to P, press brake". It's completely possible that I did some other weird combination of stopping in gear and starting in another one, but it should always still say. "shift to P, press brake".

Any ideas on what to do? Computer problem or sensor problem? For now I'll just be sure to carry at 10mm socket so I can reset again if need be.

By the way, the girlfriend was there and was super impressed that I knew how to "fix" the car.
Petr

It seems like it's time for you to check the starter
flatmaster

If it were the start motor or starter contractor, you'd think it wouldn't crank at all.

The system went through several of the 1 second cranks in a row till I disconnected the battery and reset the computer. After doing that, all cranks were fine.

I doubt its the actual start motor or starter contractor.
KuroNekko

Is the Check Engine Light still on since you disconnected the battery? You also want to wait for more than a few seconds to clear things out after disconnecting the negative terminal.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
flatmaster

It didn't clear after reconnecting the first time, so I disconnected the negative terminal for more than a few seconds.

The yellow wrench was illuminated the rest of the day of the incident. It remained illuminated after several successful cranks and shifts into drive. The next day, the light was out, but I was still able to read the P062F code