Clunk/banging noise while reversing and over bumps in the passenger rear side

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
vikrantgulatee

Hi
Whenever I reverse the car or go over bumps I hear a clunk sound in the rear left hand passenger side like something is loose in the passenger rear side...i initially thought I left some thing metallic in the trunk of the car...it's becoming a pain in the you know where literally... what could it be..helpppppp

P.s- it's sounds like it's just coming from the left rear side
KuroNekko

Check your suspension components and stabilizer (sway bar). Look to see if parts are cracked or broken such as the shock mount, sway bar bushings, or linkage for the sway bar. Blown shocks often make a creaking noise rather than a clunking one so you'll want to check for loose or broken parts.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BLyons

I had a clunk when my shocks were bad. I wouldn't rule it out.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
motosonic

I had the same thing. Rear passenger side. It was the shock and it was totally blown out and leaking. From what I have heard/can tell, this is a common issue with this car.
KuroNekko

motosonic wrote:I had the same thing. Rear passenger side. It was the shock and it was totally blown out and leaking. From what I have heard/can tell, this is a common issue with this car.
Yes, the earlier models had a faulty rear bump stopper that didn't drain moisture well. This caused the shock below it to corrode early and fail. However, mine exhibited creaking, not banging or heavy clunking. Both of my rears were bad but perhaps not fully gone. Thankfully, it was covered under warranty at the time and I also got the revised bump stoppers. I've had no issues with the suspension since and it's been at least 3.5 years.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

motosonic wrote:I had the same thing. Rear passenger side. It was the shock and it was totally blown out and leaking. From what I have heard/can tell, this is a common issue with this car.
It's common enough there's a TSB for it. Might be worth checking it out, if it was caused by the bump stop they'll replace it + the shock absorber for you. Here's the TSB form --
Attachments
TSB_Squeaky Shock.pdf
(703.09 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
Ronzuki

Speed_Racer wrote: It's common enough there's a TSB for it. Might be worth checking it out, if it was caused by the bump stop they'll replace it + the shock absorber for you.
This isn't a safety recall, so only if the car is still within the 3/36k bumper-to-bumper warranty period. Which is probably not very likely.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Speed_Racer

Ronzuki wrote: This isn't a safety recall, so only if the car is still within the 3/36k bumper-to-bumper warranty period. Which is probably not very likely.
Good call, you're right. I didn't realize how long ago I had mine replaced and that it was still under the 3/36 at the time.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000