Service Start System error on dash.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Trailboss

My Kizashi has done the same thing twice, during the most recent episode we never plugged anything into the usb port or power recepticles. The service adviser said that if it happens again, components in that circuit are going to need to be replaced until the problem is eliminated.
Ronzuki

Trailboss wrote:My Kizashi has done the same thing twice, during the most recent episode we never plugged anything into the usb port or power recepticles. The service adviser said that if it happens again, components in that circuit are going to need to be replaced until the problem is eliminated.
This sounds to be the most plausible explanation. Some OE component of the car is drawing more current than it should be. Then plugging in an accessory in sends that circuit over the top. The problem is not the accessory device. Sooner or later the OE device on the circuit, root of the problem, will completely fail...then they'll know. I have simultaneously had my Garmin plugged in to the outlet behind the center console flip cover and my cell phone charging from the outlet under the armrest numerous times with no ill-effects.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)