Disabling the safety feature on the Kenwood nav/dvd unit

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
wlyles31

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this issue has already been talked about on here(I couldn't find one) but I thought I would see if anyone knew how to disable the safety feature so that you can play with the nav and dvd while going down the road. I've looked at the installation manual on the Kenwood website and it says to make sure you connect the Parking Safety Sensor wire(light green in color) for safety reasons. If anyone knows how to bypass this setting, PLEASE let me know. Ha, that feature is getting really old while driving. Thanks for the help.
Minority

With most units all you have to do is ground the wire (it's usually activated from the handbrake switch going to ground when you pull on the handbrake), however you would have to check with kenwood (or the kenwood manual ) to be sure.
~tc~

I tried pulling the brake to the first click while driving and it still would not work - it must be reading the speed off the GPS too.

If I could figure out how to get it to read a burned disc, I am going to try and upgrade the firmware to the regular Kenwood setup, as there is a menu option to turn safe mode on or off in there.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
wlyles31

Thanks for the suggestions and replying. I'll look into them.
jono6406

You will need a lockpick to override the system (GPS).

update: After further investigating I found a Kenwood emergency brake by-pass for $9.99 on ebay that will allow you to get blocked navi functions while in motion but as minority said all you have to do is ground the wire from it an you will accomplish the samething. Do a search and you will find how to get the navi functions while in motion.