Is it possible to easily switch paired phones while driving?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
markus

Hi all,

I have been driving my Kizashi for 1 year now and actually I'm perfectly fine with it :) It's a very good car and everyone that sees it is actually amazed :)

Nevertheless I have one question that I wasn't able to find out myself. I've already checked the forum a bit but wasn't able to find the solution.

I'm using 2 mobile phones - one is a BlackBerry (company phone), while the second one (a brand new iPhone 4S!) is my private mobile. Both are properly setup and work fine in my car. The thing is that I sometimes want to switch from my private phone to the BlackBerry in order to do an important call. As of now I have to stop the car and go through the complicated menu in order to switch to the BlackBerry because the 'Bluetooth Setup' seems to be blocked while driving the car.

I really wonder whether or not it's THAT complicated? When the phone setup is done you can give the phone a spoken name. It would be useless if this couldn't be used to quickly switch the phones by just speaking the name, no? :D

It would be great if there's a solution for this annoying problem... :?

Best regards from Germany,
Markus
chest3r

I'm in the same situation with two phones (company BB and personal phone). I haven't had a need to switch phones but I have had to re-establish my connection while driving. I'm pretty sure that the "Select Phone" option is still available while in drive while the "Pair Phone" option is disabled. So, once you have both paired, you should be able to swap on the fly (through the voice commands, using the dial is disabled I believe while driving)
markus

Hi chest3r,

and how do you give those voice commands? Pressing the middle button on the lower left of the steering wheel just lets me say a contact name...
Sir WASD

Use the "talking head" button above the "off hook" button.
chest3r

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, had a baby :).

Steps to swap phones while driving (at least on the U.S. RF stereo)
1) Hit the off hook toggle (middle button).
It'll say to select dial by name, dial by number, and eventually Setup.

2) Hit the talking head (top button) and then say Setup. It'll confirm
3) Hit the talking head again, and say Phone Setup
4) Hit the talking head again and say Select Phone
5) Hit the talking head again and say whatever you named your 2nd phone (skip to step 7), or list phones.
6) if you listed, hit the talking head when it says the phone you want
7) Hit the talking head and say Confirm.
8) Once it says the phone is selected you can hit the end button or what have you.

Not impressed by how convoluted the voice menus are but they could be worse.