Bluetooth handsfree dial

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
klement

Hi guys,

how do you dial using bluetooth handsfree in your Kizashi? I am unable to find a way to dial a contact from the phone. I only see an option to dial from the cars phone book list and if I do understand correctly, the phone book in car is limited to 20 numbers.

Since I had a parrot installed in my previous car, which would load all the contacts, redial list etc from the phone at car startup, this feels like missing an arm.

Regards,
Klement
Ronzuki

I haven't been able to figure it out either....other than as you said putting the contacts in the car's list. Most of the time I use the voice dial as I don't make many calls from in the car.

good question though.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
ipaqxman

Yes I would like to know if this is possible too. My phone supports voice command when I use a bluetooth headset. I was hoping I can voice control the phone from the car's bluetooth system instead of having to dial via the car's phone book, since I would have to enter the entries manually. And can I have caller ID show up on the radio display?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
klement

Ronzuki wrote:I haven't been able to figure it out either....other than as you said putting the contacts in the car's list. Most of the time I use the voice dial as I don't make many calls from in the car.

good question though.

How exactly do you use the voice dial? Have you somehow set it up that pushing the voice dial button commands the phone? Because when I push the voice dial button on the steering wheel, I get an error message saying I don't have any phone numbers registered(which I don't). So the voice command is not relayed to the phone.
Ronzuki

You push that button on the wheel that indicates 'speaking' and announce "dial by number". The car will respond dial by number and then you say the number you wish to call. I assume the car translates and sends that to the phone. This of course implies you know the numbers of those you're calling. Like I said, I don't call much in the car. That's as far as I got in to it w/ the bluetooth, the rest looked overly time consuming and didn't seem worth the time since I really don't call too many people while driving.

The older I get, the less interest I have in fighting w/ all this 'too hard to use' techno garbage. Designers need to stop reinventing the wheel and get back to standardizing on certain aspects of daily life so you don't have to think so much about how to operate things.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
NiteRider

Yes, it would be really nice if there where was a hack out there that would allow Voice control the phone from the car's blue tooth system. Press the button and have the Phone "take over" if you will.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
jono6406

I have searched and searched and can't find a dial keypad for the bluetooth.
NiteRider

There is none, you have to dial by voice.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Juan

you can dial by number or by name using the bluethoot but you have to enter the names in the radio phone book, you can do this several ways, manually, last outgoing call or incoming call, for instance the wife calls when Im on the car and I answer, I see her phone # in the radio display, when Im done I can save her phone # and give the entry a name - like "wife", next time I want to call her I can speak and say dial by name and then wife and the bluethooth will dial and call the wife... it takes a bit of playing with it to get use to but it works good.