Tires & Noise in left front

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Jean1943

Does anyone have a problem with the tires wearing out? I have a 2010 Kizashi and have 12,700 miles on it. I today had 2 reputable car dealers check the tires and was told the tires are definitely worn more than they should be at this mileage and will not get me through the winter. I have only had the car 14 months.I am 68 and definitely don't peel the tires. I also have a noise in the left front upon turning the steering wheel. I am not happy with this car. Is anyone else having problems with the tires? I have an appt. next week to have the car checked agin. thank you Jean
~tc~

Sounds like you need the alignment checked.

Is it all 4 tires wearing rather uniformly, or are some much worse than others?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Jean1943

the tires are wearing all about the same with the front worse. I had the tires rotated a few months ago upon bringing the care in for a reg maintenance. I took photos of the tires. The outside edges are really worn bad. Thank you.
~tc~

Definitely sounds like an alignment issue.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Jean1943

Thank You. I have an appt. this week. I looked back on my records and had the tires rotated at 6400 miles in April. My son looked at the tires today and said I should have gotten at least 25,000 miles before wear. He works at a Toyota dealership.
willkizashi

My 2010 has the factory tires on it still and about 10500 miles on them and they still look new. And I have to admit, I'm not easy on them in the corners. Definately have them check the Camber/Caster/Toe etc. Should get at least 25000 to 35000 if driven responsively.
2010 Kizashi GTS / 2005 XL-7 / 1969 Chevelle / 1981 Honda Cafe Racer.
Jean1943

thank you. I went to another place that sells tires today and was told the car is noted for the tires wearing before their time. He measured the tires and said the front ones are half of what they should be, compared to the back. he told me if the alignment is mentioned by the Suzuki dealer the tire wear has nothing to do with the alignment by the way they're wearing.
chazyouwin

Did the center actually rotate the tires at 6400? Seems like you may have been charged for a rotation, or asked for one, but it did not actually take place. The evidence posted looks consistent with lack of rotation.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Trailboss

Jean1943 wrote:thank you. I went to another place that sells tires today and was told the car is noted for the tires wearing before their time.
That sounds like a bunch of Malarkey, I doubt this tire place has seen enough Kizashi's to make that claim, and I haven't read anywhere on line that these cars are proing to doing so.
MadBlack

If your alignment is out to the point that your tires are wearing as bad as you have described, you would have noticed it through the steering - the car would have been pulling left or right (unless somehow both wheels were out exactly the same - not likely).
Something tells me you may have other issues - possibly in the suspension. You noted that you are hearing something up front that doesn't sound right - that would also make me think that you have a suspension issue in the front.
Have Suzuki check it out