Kizashi shocks

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
hitman4free

The vehicle is listed as having KYB shock absorbers standard when you buy it, but for future reference, i spoke to KYB to see what their prices would be for future repairs, and they told me they dont have any stock that fits that vehicle, so i tried to get an idea, they all told me that it is a dealer item only. How can that be if the shocks are supposed to be from KYB and they dont even stock shocks for this vehicle. Does anybody know of any shocks that i can purchase aftermarket, it would be over a grand if the dealer had to fix it.
~tc~

Should be under warranty
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
hitman4free

right now they are, i am talking when it hits 50,000 miles. at that mileage they will not be covered. My question is if its supposed to have KYB shocks, why are they not available shocks form KYB?
~tc~

Because they made a deal with Suzuki so you have to buy them from the dealer?

By the time you rack up 50k miles, there will be aftermarket alternatives.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
alarman

I just started to get a loud clunk type noise from the right rear of my car two weeks ago. I put it up on a lift and found both rear shocks blown. They should be covered by warranty just giving every one a heads up.
hitman4free

Previously i had an 08 SX4 that i bought brand new, i just traded it in June, i needed shocks on that too, The dealer told me it was no longer under warranty, they are covered under the 36,000 mile warranty, i had 49,000 miles on it when i traded, and then too i had the same issue with finding shocks, all the repair centers (Monroe, Pepboys, even Napa), all told me it would have to be a dealer only part, and that would have been over a grand to fix. I hope they do come out with aftermarket, i like to change them at 50,000 miles.