Rubbing noise when taking your foot off the brake

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Doraemon

Has anyone out there had their Kizashi's make a brake rubbing noise when taking your foot off the brake from a complete stop to advance a little?

At first it almost always happens on a damp or rainy day, but now with the weather getting better it's even happening on a totally sunny day? :(
babacu

Yep, I noticed something like this for a while. It seems to come from the right front wheel for me, usually at the beginning of a drive after the car has been sitting for a few hours at least. It usually goes away after I apply the brakes a few times.

It feels like the brake does not disengage right away and stays applied slightly for a bit (or retreats slower than it should). Could it be the hill assist being a bit too lazy?

Forgot to mention it last time I went to the dealer, I guess the pad on the front right wheel will be the first one to need replacing. :-)
Ronzuki

This is interesdting....While not a 'rubbing' noise, I've noticed that my car always seems to activate/test the anti-Lock braking system when I first start driving it after an extended parking (overnight or sitting all day at work). What appears to be the right front wheel brakes will pulse quickly and shortly as though the anti-lock system has activated. It will do this once as I start to drive. Not sure where the hydraulic controller is located (haven't looked for it) and possibly it is located on the right side of the engine bay somewhere making it seem as though the right front wheel only is activating. I don't consider my scenario a problem as many of the systems in a vehicles nowdays perform self-checks periodically.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Doraemon

babacu wrote:Yep, I noticed something like this for a while. It seems to come from the right front wheel for me, usually at the beginning of a drive after the car has been sitting for a few hours at least. It usually goes away after I apply the brakes a few times.

It feels like the brake does not disengage right away and stays applied slightly for a bit (or retreats slower than it should). Could it be the hill assist being a bit too lazy?

Forgot to mention it last time I went to the dealer, I guess the pad on the front right wheel will be the first one to need replacing. :-)
Yes, I have the same experience where it goes away after going through a couple of red lights of stop and go.

That's a good point "Could it be the hill assist being a bit too lazy?" I'm sure going to mention it to the dealership on my next oil change and if there is uneven wear between the right front and left front brakes then we'll know the source of the problem.
Doraemon

Ronzuki wrote:This is interesdting....While not a 'rubbing' noise, I've noticed that my car always seems to activate/test the anti-Lock braking system when I first start driving it after an extended parking (overnight or sitting all day at work). What appears to be the right front wheel brakes will pulse quickly and shortly as though the anti-lock system has activated. It will do this once as I start to drive. Not sure where the hydraulic controller is located (haven't looked for it) and possibly it is located on the right side of the engine bay somewhere making it seem as though the right front wheel only is activating. I don't consider my scenario a problem as many of the systems in a vehicles nowdays perform self-checks periodically.
I inquired about the same thing and the tech said it's just the ABS self-test, nothing to worry about.
eatrocks

Doraemon wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:This is interesdting....While not a 'rubbing' noise, I've noticed that my car always seems to activate/test the anti-Lock braking system when I first start driving it after an extended parking (overnight or sitting all day at work). What appears to be the right front wheel brakes will pulse quickly and shortly as though the anti-lock system has activated. It will do this once as I start to drive. Not sure where the hydraulic controller is located (haven't looked for it) and possibly it is located on the right side of the engine bay somewhere making it seem as though the right front wheel only is activating. I don't consider my scenario a problem as many of the systems in a vehicles nowdays perform self-checks periodically.
I inquired about the same thing and the tech said it's just the ABS self-test, nothing to worry about.

my 2012 does it too. normal
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
babacu

eatrocks wrote: my 2012 does it too. normal
I would agree, if this was the case from the beginning. But it wasn't, for me this started happening a few months ago. I don't worry too much about it, but I don't think it's a feature, either. :-)
eatrocks

babacu wrote:
eatrocks wrote: my 2012 does it too. normal
I would agree, if this was the case from the beginning. But it wasn't, for me this started happening a few months ago. I don't worry too much about it, but I don't think it's a feature, either. :-)

I bought mine with 10 miles on the odo, have always heard the brakes do this, at first the auto hill brake assist was kickin in when I stopped on a slight incline. Only did that once or twice, hill assist is great for keeping u from rolling back before accelerating(protects cvt)
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Northernstar

I think I have the same problem with my car. But I am not sure if it is ABS related. This "rubbing" noise happens randomly, sunny or rainy. It happens when you take your foot off from the brake from a complete stop or when the car is slowly down to almost a complete stop.

When you put your hand on the gear shift, you can feel the vibration. I have tried puting the car in D or N (when the car is facing downhill in N), happened in both D and N.