Must do the steps to "pair" phone every time I start the car

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Scott

:x Every time I turn off the car, the bluetooth does not recognize my phone when I start the car again. I have to go through the 5-6 steps to "pair" the phone every single time. This is a pain, particularly since it won't let me pair the phone if I am driving.
Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know a solution?
Am I missing something easy?
Thanks!
eatrocks

This happened A few times, always after I ended a call usIng my phone and not the steering wheel Bluetooth buttons.
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Ronzuki

Interesting, I've never had that happen and I've ended calls w/ the phone itself. Could be an anomoly between the different headunits in the different year cars? Doubt it's the phone.

Scott what year car, model and stereo headunit you have?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
NiteRider

I only had this happen to me once. 2 other times, it failed to pickup the phone. Which then causes me to make a complete stop and restart the engine.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Firefly

Most of the time it seems I have to "connect" the phone - I have an iPhone - manually once the system is booted. Sometimes it connects automatically right away. Maybe weak Bluetooth reception at the head unit. Its annoying, sometimes I have to get on the road quickly, then learn the phone isn't connected. I have to wait for the next stoplight so I can go through four levels of phone settings to connect it.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
Bob225

Firefly wrote:Most of the time it seems I have to "connect" the phone - I have an iPhone - manually once the system is booted. Sometimes it connects automatically right away. Maybe weak Bluetooth reception at the head unit. Its annoying, sometimes I have to get on the road quickly, then learn the phone isn't connected. I have to wait for the next stoplight so I can go through four levels of phone settings to connect it.
Any chance you dont have your phone in Discoverable mode?
Scott

Thanks for these replies. I have the factory-installed Rockford-Fosgate sound system. I do have the phone in Discover mode...
Scott

Sorry, forgot to say that the car is a 2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS CVT AWD.