Engine vibration

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
klement

Hi all,

I'm wondering if the vibrations I'm experiencing are normal. After the engine has heated up to normal operating temperature I experience 2 symptoms.

When idling in N, I sense an occasional "jerk", the engine is not running perfectly smoothly, there is no strange sound or any other symptom, but I can feel, that the operation is not smooth.

This is not the case in D, when idling at full stop, the engine from my feeling runs fine. The issue is that the rpm are so low (550 maybe), that the passenger seat is visibly vibrating.

I don't think this is expected from a petrol car ... or is it? If it was a diesel, then I'd say it's normal.

Thanks,
Klement
NiteRider

my car idles at 550 and I experience no vibration but I haven't sat idling on Neutral. I'll check it out today and see if I notice the same. Could be junk petrol but that's just speculation.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Moto
Site Admin

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have had several cars do the same especially on cool high humidity days. Sometimes the climate can cause the sensors some trouble.
NiteRider

Just tried it, no problems here idling in Neutral or Drive. It stays around the 600 rpm mark. Leave the gas cap open recently?
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
klement

I don't think there is any issue with the gas. The cap should be closed tightly, but I will try a different brand next time I'm getting some.

The vibration manifests itself as a movement on the passenger headrest, you can see it moving back and forth (the movement is minute of course). I noticed it because sometimes, due to that movements, I can hear a soft tapping sound (probably the headrest bars are bumping against something inside the seat).

Also, does your steering wheel vibrate when engine is cold? Mine does and it's pretty visible. As soon as engine gets warm, it goes away.
eatrocks

Yep my pass seat/steering wheel has a slight vibration at idle. If I have a jacket or something on my pass seat the vibration looks really bad but all normal
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza