Estimated Miles Reset

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
MNSLS

Okay showing my OCD. I'll start by first saying I'm ordering small 4GB memory sticks because the ones I have work but the door won't shut and that's annoying.

My second OCD symptom is my car thinks with a full tank of gas it can only go 310 miles. It's 'getting better' as the last tank read 325 for about a mile then is readin 320. I'm expecting it to say something just over 400Miles, if not better. How do you get the stupid computer to figure out something more realistic?
nytq

Well I noticed the same from my first tank fill up. The only thing I can think of is that the fuel gauge was never calibrated properly. For example I'll get the low fuel light when I know I still have about 3 gallons left (This number is normal for a reserve, but the computer doesn't take it into consideration). Based on the fact that when I fill up the it's taking about 14 gallons (the tank is 16.9). If you notice when the low fuel light does come on your estimated miles range goes to ----- or zero, when in fact you could probably get another 50 or so miles safely. I haven't really been bothered by this, but I think the only way to get the computer back in line would be to try to burn thru as much of that reserve a safely possible and then refilling and resetting the mpg counter.

Bottom line, I can see the software and hardware integration for the fuel monitoring lacks in sophistication. It's very crude and incorrect. Just calculate your miles to gallons put in and you will see it is off by quite a bit.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
MNSLS

Thanks nytq.

And yes the average MPG for me reads a bit under 2MPG worse then the fill up, drive, fill up again, then divide miles by gallons calculation. I'm less OCD on that. It seems strange the Kizzy stays at 210 Mile range for 180 miles then is closer to accurate until the 'outta fuel' light goes on.

Again, I'll blame my OCD but it seems like the predicted driving range would be more accurate. My wife's ex-2000 Avalon had a predicted driving range and it was more accurate than the Kizzy. (Though I hated the Avalon stupid Toyota POS.)