2010 XLS Kizashi - adding Bluetooth handsfree

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
hank.wheeler

I have a 2010 XLS Kizashi, and would like to add bluetooth handsfree.
I know it is a factory option, and that I could probably get a dealer to do for a moderate fee.
My question is that with the Rockford Fosgate sound system, is it easy to source and fit the required bluetooth components (DIY) so that it is all integrated. I assume the DIY will save a lot when compared to the dealer.

I have seen the post from user "Minority" who added a complete new head unit (GPS, etc), and I didn't want to go down that path, just a simple addition of bluetooth is all I need.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

h
klement

I don't know about Rockford-Fosgate, but in the standard headunit, the bluetooth sucks hard.

It cannot read and display names from the phone and it can only store/display/dial like 20 names which you need to type in by hand.

This, compared to parrot module which I had in my previous car seems like middle ages.

So my recommendation, don't go to Suzuki rather invest some time into a parrot, the most basic unit will completely suffice!