AC Compressor

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Bobolini

My AC Compressor was not engaging and so the dealership ordered a relay and that didn't work. They finally said it was the compressor and that it is happening quite often and inventory is low. I'm having it sent over night but told them I want a rental car until it's fixed. My work is over an hour away and I don't have time for them to keep trying to fix it. I am paying for overnight shipping because the 30-40 dollars is worth it to me versus driving home in the heat. wait for the part to come in 4-5 days later and then drive back, wait a couple of hours and so forth.

Well, I was reading here that some said the belt tensioner was a recall for 2010-11. I have a 2011. Do they fix them if they are on their lot before selling them? I heard this is what's screwing up the compressor.

Service told me that Suzuki is having a problem with the compressors, hence the low inventory. Anyone heard about this?
Ronzuki

Nope...haven't heard anything about bad compressors/clutches in the Kiz.

I don't see how a 'potentially' faulty belt tensioner would cause the compressor clutch not to cycle. Any Suzuki service advisor should be able to tell you if your tensioner had been replaced under the recall. It's tied to the VIN.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Bobolini

Well, I get over to the dealer and he says that it's the wrong part and Suzuki will authorize a rental till the part comes in. The rental is a Lincoln MKS and it's heavy but comfortable.

I researched and nowhere do I see compressors being bad on the Kizashi. I wonder what's really going on here.
Bobolini

Called today and still no part? Of course I have a prescription and my golf clubs in the Suzuki. Why is this part so hard to get?
klement

I had a Mitsubishi Colt some time ago and I had a failure of hand brake. The part that broke took 6 weeks to arrive. The issue was that I was the first one to encounter a failure like this. There was literally no spare part in any Mitsubishi service/spare part center in whole Europe and it had to be manufactured and delivered on order.

This might be a similar issue.
Bobolini

I feel like saying"take it off one of yours on the lot and put it on when the part comes in." Naaa... that would be to easy