Flickering gauge cluster LCD

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
orangecones3

Hi All,

I have a 2010 (Feb 2010 build date) Kizashi GTS, and I noticed today that my gauge cluster LCD is flickering. Think interlaced scan lines with a very slow refresh rate. Every other column (looks like this screen scans L to R instead of T to B) refreshes every other some fraction of a second and it is terribly distracting. More importantly, looks like a sign of impending LCD failure. I still have a couple months / couple k miles left on my bumper to bumper warranty, so I should get this addressed rather soon. I guess I am just wondering if any of you experienced something similar?

Other than that, the car has been good. The paint is shit, but otherwise love it.
eatrocks

i have a 12 sls and it started doing exactly what ur talking about....a month after i bought it. the lcd randomly went completely white i couldn't read anything then does the flicker thing about every other time i start up
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
DelliReeus

It happens to me after I leave it in the sun for a good day when it's hot as hell, but other than that nothing is wrong with it
2010 AWD/FWD Kizashi S Black Pearl Metallic
Minority

DelliReeus wrote:It happens to me after I leave it in the sun for a good day when it's hot as hell, but other than that nothing is wrong with it
Yes I've noticed that when I leave the car parked in summer and the cabin gets hot, when I start off the LCD is completely blank (white). As the air con kicks in and the temp drops the LCD returns to normal. Seems Suzuki didn't do their hot weather testing too well (or we've both got faulty LCDs!!). Never had the flickering though.
Last edited by Minority on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stodge

Minority wrote:
DelliReeus wrote:It happens to me after I leave it in the sun for a good day when it's hot as hell, but other than that nothing is wrong with it
Yes I've noticed that when I leave the car parked in summer and the cabin gets hot, when I start off the LCD is completly blank (white). As the air con kicks in and the temp drops the LCD returns to normal. Seems Suzuki didn't do their hot weather testing to well (or we've both got faulty LCDs!!). Never had the flickering though.
That's odd, considering one of their largest markets is India, which isn't exactly a mild climate.