Ques: Kizashi remote stater

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
vapor2

Hi,
I did some google about the topic and there is not much info. The only helpful thread i could find is this: http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4200
Since it's been two years old thread, I make a new thread in hoping there is more info/update regarding the topic :) :) ..and a few questions:
1-- for those with the remote stater installed, how is your system performed? What are the brands of the bypass module and the stater?
2-- as current, the only supported bypass module that i could find is Fortin Evo All (http://ifar.ca/en/products/evo/evo-all/) which i intend to match with a 2-way CompuStar. Is there any other brand that supports the Kiz?
3-- according to Fortin's description, "Immobilizer bypass using factory FOB and INSET. 1 key required for installation." ...here, as i understand, i will have to leave one fob inside the car all the time for the system to work. Other members in the original post had also mentioned this. I don't mind paying for the Inset, but leaving the fob inside the car does trouble me. Does anyone know a way to avoid this? I mean it's been two years.... :( Could a stranger just walk up, unlock, start and drive away? The original thread's post said NO. I just want to confirm...

Thanks for response.
gentle_ben

I have the remote starter in my wife's Kizashi and since we were one of the first people to do it, we ran into some issues, but its all working awesome now.

I used the Compustar basic remote starter as we planned on using their drone module to be able to start the car. We also used the Fortin Evo Bypass module.

You do have to have a keyfob buried under the dash for the system to work, that increased the cost significantly as we wanted to have 2 for ourselves still so we had to buy another one.

Using the drone module is the best, we can start our car from anywhere with no range limitations, and if you pay for the premium service you can track your car with GPS if you want. I also like being able to open the car doors without having to have the key with me if I forget something in my wifes car.
vapor2

Thanks for the response gentle_ben.
When you remotely start your car, the doors are locked. A stranger can not just unlock the car (due to the keyfob inside the car). The only way to unlock is thru the CompuStar remote. Am i correct?
How about the second keyfob, could i still be able to unlock the car with it? (my guess would be no). Does the engine stay on when you unlock the car?
Thanks a lot
chest3r

Reading up on what the inset does, it basically block's the battery connection for the donor smartkey unless the remote start system is active. That is when the Evo-All receives a signal from your remote/drone, it'll let the power pass through to the keyfob and only then will the car "see" it in the car.

http://ifar.ca/en/products/accessories_ ... ols/inset/

I'm not sure if it maintains this connection while running but a quick way, for someone with it installed, to confirm would be to remote start the car, hop in without the other keys in your pocket and see if the "keyfob not detected" beeps come up when the doors are closed.

Even if the signal is maintained, the second keyfob's lock/unlock should still work. My wife has left her spare in her purse in my car before on trips and the only way I could lock it with the key inside was by using the 2nd remote. Since the immobilizer is seeing the buried keyfob in the same manner it would a normal one you should be able to test out the scenarios with the two original keys.

These are just guess of course as I don't have the system installed (but hope to one day).
vapor2

Regarding the Inset, I totally agree with you. The Inset's function is to turn the keyfob on/off by connect/disconnect the battery. :)
However, for the engine to keep running, the fob's signal must be real close or inside the car. Otherwise, the engine will shut down. Could gentle_ben or someone confirm what chest3r suggested:

"I'm not sure if it maintains this connection while running but a quick way, for someone with it installed, to confirm would be to remote start the car, hop in without the other keys in your pocket and see if the "keyfob not detected" beeps come up when the doors are closed."
vapor2

iDataLink/OmegaLink has finally release their firmware which support the Kizashi(2010-2012). Here is the link: http://www.idatalink.com/firmware/firmw ... make_id/40
I've been reading up on their solution which claims no need to sacrify a keyfob thru their Klon technology. The firmware is ver 1.0 (there will be bugs :) ). Honestly, I think their solution is better than Fortin (if it works). No keyfob inside the car. Especially using the Blade AL with any of First Tech products. :) :)
chest3r

That system does sound much better, it seems to "clone" (Klon get it :lol: ) the rfid signal from when the fob is "dead"...will keep that one in mind when I do get around to setting up mine. Little nervous (5%) about submitting my key data to their site though...
vapor2

Exactly like you said. Since iDataLink just released this solution, there's not much info/review at all. However, this solution seems better than Fortin's (again, if it works). I have to try it.
gentle_ben

vapor2 wrote:Thanks for the response gentle_ben.
When you remotely start your car, the doors are locked. A stranger can not just unlock the car (due to the keyfob inside the car). The only way to unlock is thru the CompuStar remote. Am i correct?
How about the second keyfob, could i still be able to unlock the car with it? (my guess would be no). Does the engine stay on when you unlock the car?
Thanks a lot
If you start your car with the keyfob, you can only unlock the doors with the keyfob. If you start the car with your phone, then you can only unlock the doors with the phone. Takes a little getting used too. You can't even unlock the doors with the factory oem key fob if you've used either the remote start fob or your phone.

The keyfob that gets buried in the dash is useless to you, it gets put in a box and is buried in the dash. Thats why we bought a third fob so my wife and I could still each have one.

Yes the engine stays running when you unlock the doors, we have it set to run for 15 minutes max.

Overall we are very happy with the system, and it has come in handy quite a few times. I am going to be putting the same system into my truck this winter.
vapor2

thanks for the reply.
I went with the Omegalink(iDatalink) solution. As i had described earlier, the Blade AL bypass clone (KLON) the RFID signal of the keyfob to bypass the car' immoblizer system. Thus, no need for the extra keyfob buried in the dash. A pretty neat solution :)