Rockford Fosgate rear deck speakers missing?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

Hi,

So I've spent a lot of time recently in the back of my car removing the tint glue off of my rear window.
In my time back there, I got suspicious that only the subwoofer on the rear deck was working. I know that the GTS and SLS models have the Rockford Fosgate sound system that is a 10 speaker system. As I count it, it's 1 on front dash, 2 on each front door (4 total), 1 on each rear door (2 total), and 3 on the rear deck including the subwoofer. I tested the rear speakers by the Fade function and turning the Bass to -6. There was almost no sound coming from the speaker covers on the rear deck. All the sound seem to come from the rear door speakers. I even crawled in the trunk and listened under the rear deck. I could even see light through the RH rear deck speaker cover. WTF!?
Anyone else notice anything strange about the rear deck speakers? Could mine be missing?
Do you think I should get this checked out with a warranty claim? I bought the car used with only 7500 miles on it. The sound system looks like it was not tampered with by the previous owner.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
~tc~

Steel wool is likely to leave iron on your titanium watch that will rust.

Scotchbrite is better for restoring the brushed finish
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

Ok, I resolved the issue. :)
I was under the assumption that there should be two speakers next to the subwoofer in the back. After looking it up in the service manual and online, it looks like there are no speakers back there. I was confused because then I only count 8 speakers, not 10.
I then came across this online and it solved everything: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/(S(3j5ao ... x?id=12349
The speakers on the rear doors actually contain tweeters on them via a bridge. It's like a two in one speaker. The subwoofer is actually the only speaker on the rear deck of the car. There is nothing under those two long speaker covers in the rear deck on each side of the subwoofer.

As for the steel wool rusting: I don't think it will be an issue. It's not like it remains on the surface of the titanium and titanium does not rust.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Those two long "speaker covers" are most likely just vents for flow through ventilation and not speaker covers. Out of interest my non RF equipped Kizashi has all the wiring in place for the subwoofer etc, but they've gone to the trouble of spot welding a round piece of steel to fill in the subwoofer cut out in the chassis. :cry: I was thinking about maybe adding one later on down the track (with an amp etc). But I've already had one instance where a load would have fouled on the subwoofer if it was fitted, so am not so keen now.
David
~tc~

KuroNekko wrote:As for the steel wool rusting: I don't think it will be an issue. It's not like it remains on the surface of the titanium and titanium does not rust.
Um, OK, believe whatever you like. Never mind the metallurgist telling you how it works.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Moto
Site Admin

:lol:
you remind me of someone I know.
WESHOOT2

I use stainless steel wool (on my guns).

Available at www.brownells.com