6sp gear change noise

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Wonson92

Strange question but does anybody else get a short burst/hiss noise changing gears or just at the end of a rev on the 6sp? Mines done it since I picked it up from the dealer but i've never really thought too much into it until now. The harder I rev, the longer and louder the noise is but never more than 1.5seconds or so. I asked the dealer on my 15k service and they said they couldn't hear it but nearly everyone who gets in the car asks about it. Can't hear it with the windows up but if they're down its pretty hard not to hear it, almost like a weak BOV. Hoping its nothing bad? I can post a video if that helps at all.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
KuroNekko

You say it's whenever you rev, right? Like not only when you shift? Sounds like it may be related to the exhaust system and the pressure inside of it. The revving may be rattling a pipe or causing an exhaust leak. You should check if any of the exhaust piping is loose or if a hanger is broken.
I have a six-speed manual and I can tell you that there is no unusual noise when shifting.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Wonson92

Its generally just when the revs drop, i can rev to 1500 and let them drop and it will do it a little or i can rev to 6500 and let it drop and it will do it. My mates got an sv6 with an exhaust leak i know the sound your speaking about. Not too similar but at the same time it is, however i dont think thats it. Also when it does it the revs drop fast. You dont hear them wind down at all its like 6000-900rpm in a second.
2011 Premium Silver XL

hotdog

curious- did you mention the quickly dropping revs to the service dept? That doesn't sound right. Maybe they can check to see if the ECU is throwing any codes?
Wonson92

Nah I didnt but now that i know its not common i might pay them another visit. It doesnt seem to have any negative side affects but its still a concern. My service department is pretty shocking though if it wasnt for the rediculously stict aussie warranties i wouldnt go anywhere near there. On my 1000k initial service they lift my coolant filler cap off. Caused huuuge problems.
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

Perhaps try plugging in a cheap OBDII scanner and see if anything is logged?
David
Wonson92

Are the scanners easy to come by? Im not familiar with them. I took a quick video the other day but for some reason i keep getting stuck in the upload process.
2011 Premium Silver XL

murcod

There are all different types, ranging from laptop interfaces (eg. ELM 327) through to various hand held devices.
David
KuroNekko

Correct me if I am wrong, but the car will not display a log of trouble codes unless the Check Engine Light (CEL) is on. I have never heard of otherwise.
I have a device called Kiwi Wifi. It's a wifi router-type device that plugs into the OBDII port of a car. It then sends the info wirelessly to a paired device via its own wifi. It works great with iPhone and iPod. I use it with my iPod via apps like Rev (demo version) or FUZZYCar. These apps allow you to monitor everything from intake manifold pressure to various temperatures, horsepower, voltages, etc. Another feature they have is the ability to read and clear CELs. I have used it several times with my Mazda.
It does not display a log of trouble codes UNLESS the CEL was already on.
If you are interested in getting some OBDII device, you should look into one of these types of wifi devices.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
~tc~

Not all trouble codes trigger the CEL, and if the reader has the ability of live data stream, you can get a lot of real time info that might help.

That said, there aren't any "funny noise" sensors on the engine or tranny.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic