kizashi 2010 a lemon.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Jean1943

I had never had a new car. Purchased 2010 Kizashi in Aug. From the time I bought it. there was problems. The service man took me with him around fairgrounds and turned radio on full blast and was saying what an awesome stereo it had. I shut it off to tell him we were tryingto listen to what I was hearing.I told him when I would turn left or right I could hear a noise shortly after I purchased it. One mechanic put those stupid plastic ties under the car ans said it might quite it down. DUMB !!!!!! I went through one set of tires at 11,000 miles prematurely. I went back to the dealers 13 times and telling them something was wrong. I was told to put my husband or a 50 lb. bag of dog food in the back seat and I wouldn't have to listen to it. Next to the last time I went I was told not to come back only if there was a recall. I called California, spoke to customer relations and got a case no. I went back again Wed. to have the car inspected and again told them their is a humming getting louder in the back of the car.and it felt like my tire was loose. They replaced a wheel bearing that was bad and I was told to bring the car back in 6 mos. to have the other bearing fixed and 2 yrs. for the rotors and brakes. I told them I don't think so as what's going on isn't my fault. Well i brought the car back in Friday after my brother called the owner to tell him what was going on. I made another appt, for Friday. It was again put up on the hoist and a mechanic came back with a deep scoring on the right rotor and a very bad wheel bearing and my back rear tire was bent in and ready to fall off. I was given a rentall and told I couldn't drive the car as it wasn't safe and it was defective. No Kidding. I don't want the car back I've so many bad feelings about it, they can crush it for all I care. I filled out paper work for the atty. general and small claims court. I've had enough. Jean
~tc~

Usually, a lemon law claim involves multiple failed attempts to resolve the same issue. It sounds like you have brought it in for multiple issues and might not be eligible.

Google "lemon law" with your state to find out all the rules.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences with the car.
What's the mileage on it?
Also, I am a little curious how a tire bends itself without the owner noticing it (or causing it). You'd had to hit something like a large rock or curb for that to happen.
Wheel bearings wearing out this quick is rather unfortunate. I had a bad experience with my Mazda with OEM front wheel bearing wearing out after 2 years or about 25,000 miles and these were the second set! I then ordered quality aftermarket bearings (TIMKEN brand) online and had a local mechanic put them on for a fraction of the price the dealer wanted for the OEM bearings plus installation. These new bearings are great so far and an example that some aftermarket parts are better than OEM, especially if OEM parts are flawed.

Lastly, I just want to say this:
It's usually not advisable to get the first model of a new car, no matter what it is. The 2010 Kizashi is essentially that. It was the debut model year for a brand new car. Some people don't even buy the first generation of a car. Why? It's so that problems can be identified and worked out by the manufacturer through complaints from owners. Now, I think your case is a little different because not many owners are complaining about wheel bearings and rotors on the Kizashi, but this idea holds true for the Kizashi's paint chipping issue found on the 2010 models. They seem to have worked it out for the 2011 and later models.
Even highly anticipated, carefully developed cars like the BRZ/FR-S are starting to show some problems that the manufacturers are working out.
That being said, the Kizashi surprised many auto-journalists and owners because it was relatively problem-free for a brand new car. It did very well in long term tests among many auto-journalists. I've read many many reviews on the car and it's one of the reasons I own one now.
Again, sorry to hear yours is problematic.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jute2003

I agree with your general point Kuro. I will say that I don't think the paint chip thing fits. sx4's had the same problem. I think its more an issue with cutting corners on paint quality. Its not mechanical however so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter.
BM-Power

I think "lemon law" might not be applicable in this situation as it requires the same issue to occur 3 times in a row and 3 attempts to fix it.

It seems like the dealer/mechanic who sold you the car should not be in business at all considering their attempts to fix the issues are insulting (dog food bag...seriously?! The things I would do to that dumb ass wouldn't even be legal if he said that to my face ).

As for tyre being bent...well is that even possible?!? Tyre can be a bit out of round; can be this way out of factory depends how they store and transport them, over time being compressed they can lose shape hence get out of round and you'd feel vibrations either through the steering or the floor.

The wheel bearings can wear out prematurely if they have been installed incorrectly where dust can creep in and cause excessive wear. Alternatively they could haven been manufactured incorrectly or with a fault. This should have been a warranty job.

Good luck
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT
chazyouwin

All things are being repaired under warranty, right? You shouldn't be paying for the items listed (exception being the tires, but they may have their own warranty from the tire manufacturer).
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Ronzuki

BM-Power wrote:It seems like the dealer/mechanic who sold you the car should not be in business at all considering their attempts to fix the issues are insulting (dog food bag...seriously?! The things I would do to that dumb ass wouldn't even be legal if he said that to my face ).

I suspect this is largely the culprit behind the OP's complaints. Find another, reputable, dealer to sort out the problems. (or possibly even a trusted, or recommended, independent mechanic or shop).

Could also very well be first model year gremlins... hard to say based upon the bone-head dealer's approach to problem solving. That type of 'skill' tends to inject further problems and/or mask (make worse) the actual, original, problem.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)