Rear License Plate Plastic Nut Loose

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
pidru

I decided to replace the license plate screws with stainless steel as the the dealer provided screws are rusting already. Silly me, did not visually check that stainless steel screws are bit longer. Now, I can't removed nor tightened it as the plastic nut rotates while I turn the screw.

Since there is a space between the license plate hole and the screw, I tried wedging a long nose plier while turning it. However, I can see the plastic deforming as I put pressure/force on it.

Does anybody know if the plastic nut can be easily be replaced (with out prying the trunk liner)? I fear that if I forced the situation, I'll eventually break this plastic component.

Thanks.
murcod

I think you'll need to try and get in from behind (ie. remove the liner inside the boot lid) and hold the rear of the plastic captive section with pliers. Otherwise, you'll end up causing more damage.
David
Wonson92

I'm not sure what plastic nut your talking about but i removed mine and replaced them with antitheft stainless bolts. Mine has a metal nut welded to the back inside of the boot lid so you just screw straight into that. However, I had to take mine off after i put the antitheft bolts in and the only way I could do it was to take off the boot liner and to it from the inside.

The boot liner is really simple to get off, just a matter of popping the 10 or so push screw things and it comes off. Theres one inside the handle though so you have to open up the handle to get to that one.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
pidru

Thanks guys. It seems that opening the boot liner will be easier than I originally thought. Will do these once I received my stainless steel plate frame.