Kizashi India owners - Enhancements to Audio etc.?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
mahash

Folks,

Am based out of Delhi and have a CVT version. I just love it! features compromised indeed but the discount beat the A@# out of any of that.

I was hoping to know if anyone has got enhacements or upgrades done to the audio system, navigation or any other item here?
And if you can suggest me the technicians who did it as i can take the car to them/him instead of to a novice who's not even touched the car.

I am specifically interested in Bluetooth integration, navigation, amp/speaker system enhacenemnts etc.

thanks ton in advance

Shekhar
murcod

Hi, which head unit do you have?
David
mahash

Hey David,

What i do know that its not Rockford Fosgate. But it looks like it on the face of it.
I think it might be a clarion but I am not sure; Unless someone else from India confirms this.

What i also noticed yesterday was that if i project some light on the main front panel, on the top left margin, it says "CD-in" (when the CD is inserted), USB/iPod and towards the bottom, it says "BT". BT i think would be Bluetooth but it never lights up in any way and neither do my car steering has any Bluetooth controls.
I also noticed that the HU shows 6 CD changer the same way as it shows BT which never lights up and the din takes in just 1 CD.

Thanks for taking out time buddy!

Shekhar
murcod

I'm guessing it's the same head unit I had in mine- looks very much the same as the RF head unit?

Is this it:

There are a few threads on that particular head unit (it's made by Panasonic.)

eg: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =13&t=2410
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=2042

There was an option here in Australia to get a Navigation Multimedia upgrade package. That included a Kenwood double DIN head unit, double DIN fascia and adapter cables. That gave 4 x 50 Watts output (4 x 22 Watts RMS), bluetooth, GPS etc. The extra power is a huge improvement over the stock Panansonic head unit and really brings the music to life at anything above low volume levels.

There was a similar option in the USA but using a different model Kenwood head unit with a smaller screen size.

After the Kenwood they switched to Eclipse head unit for the GPS upgrade here in Australia. Most likely a lot better unit as the Kenwood can be very slow to respond to input changes at times.

MY13 Kizashi's brought in the "no name" GPS system as the top of the range head unit. It uses Garmin based GPS software (from what I've read), but sounds like it's a bit "light on" in the power department.
David
mahash

Hey Dave,

The HU certainly looks exactly the same. Panasonic is it? If i get it taken out, would it say as OEMed by it? But thanks anyway for the details.

So you're saying the only way to get it to make it bluetooth compatible is to swap it out with another one?

And secondly, would i need any specific frame to ensure the dash maintains its smooth run OR after taking the Panasonic HU out, it'll be uneven.
I bought a panel from US which i think can take any double-din system. Ofcourse swapping out will be my last option coz the price to get it there for, simply double its cost is what we get it for and that too would be a tough find :(

If only i could look at its components/additional integration option via a manual if you're aware?

thanks again buddy!
bombayracer

Hi Shekar,

I have a manual. Its a let down to Kizashi owners in India that Maruti Suzuki India only has mud flaps, floor mats & body cover (now out of stock) as genuine accessories.

I can confirm that the HU is Panasonic, I had read it in the manual, will try to post the picture soon.

There are similar HUs available in India to Kenwood HU as referred by murcod. Probably Maruti would also have similar in the MGA (Maruti Genuine Accessories) else could be bought and installed through some other professional installer shops which are plenty all around Mumbai and most likely in Delhi. I saw similar ones in the range of Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- (US$ 300 - US$ 500), I have see the fascia on ebay.com (US site) in the range of US$ 50 - US$ 100 + plus shipping (est US$ 50). Thus your upgrade should cost in between Rs. 21,000/- to Rs. 34,000/- (US$ 400 - US$ 650).

Please post a write up (with pics!) incase you go ahead with the upgrade and the list the benefits / downsides you see from the upgrade.

PS: I use a Jabra car bluetooth which sits comfortablly on the visor and works decently. But surely would be nice to have a full fledge entertainment unit.

Best Regards,
Puneet
murcod

The is/ was an add on bluetooth unit for the base model head unit. It involved installing an additional control module that was attached to the top corner of the windscreen. I think it had the control buttons and microphone built into it?

They pop up regularly on Ebay Australia, see here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=2172

Here's the current Aussie double DIN Eclipse navigation head unit - http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... dia-unit-1
David
mahash

Gentlemen,

I have been out on the quest with aftermarket products and local dealers which continues.

Option 1:
---------
Parrot MKi9000 or CKi3100 is what i am being told by a few local dealers in Delhi to go with. Along with the harness + product, i am being told it would be anything around INR 15000-20000. Ofcourse on the higher side unless you can get the Parrot unit on your own from the US which is half the price.

CATCH: No customer has done and the dealer says it would work - going into the hit and trial mode and remains to be explored.

WORKAROUND: If only i can find HOW the original HU assembly can be taken off. I DONT TRUST a local dealer guy fortunately/unfortunately!

Option 2:
---------
After-market HU e.g. Pioneer, Kenwood etc. which at a later stage cna be racked up to use a rockford fosgate components.
Advantages would be a full fledged Audio, Video, Navigation and communication interfacing system with better sound etc.
COSTs = Around and atleast INR 50000 up

CATCH: (Primarily for Indian customers) No panel available in the market that keeps the original dash flow intact without making it look "after-market fidgeted"

WORKAROUND: Like I did, try getting hold of the Sosche Panel for Kizashi 2010 from US which retains the original dash flow. And as David said, if you (and me) are unlucky to the fullest, that would not fit coz of short dimensions :). dummy me that i have had the panel for a while but never tried to see if it fits. TODAY i will!

Panel on Amazon:

Steering Wheel control interface (Not sure if we need it though):

Option 3:
My suzuki car dealer "knows" of some option which the owner tried and made atleast the bluetooth bit to work.
Am waiting for him to get back to me and see how that goes.

VERDICT: If i can buy a Kizashi here in India for 25-30K USD, I can well pay for some of the above and THAT's what Suzuki needs to learn to rise up the ranks!

BUT, the CAR IS FREAKIN COOL IF ONE THINKS OUT OF THE SHELL!

Thanks for all your replies and time gentlemen. Any more would be of great help!

Cheers..Shekhar
murcod

You most likely would need the steering wheel remote interface for the aftermarket head unit. Mine came with it as part of the "upgrade" kit from Suzuki.

Another option is to buy a "no name brand" double DIN head unit that is PC based and fit that. They're substantially cheaper than the known brands and probably almost as good. For example have a look here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=1112
David
mahash

Thanks again David; i did read that thread a few days back and its very informative and detailed. This is my first time on any forum and i guess the kind of help we get and should share out is invaluable and am going to continue with whatever i stumble over.

Question for you: One of my friends is traveling down to Melbourne for some work in August. Do you reckon that if i order "something" from a local store in Australia/or suzuki itself (provided you guide me to an online store :) ); it would fit in my Kizashi here?
He can carry it back home and Voila!

Sorry for being a drag but i'd prefer not to upgrade the entire Audio system at this point and perhaps just start with the Bluetooth kit that integrates with my current factory fitted Panasonic HU.
What i can do is go to a dealer and have him pull out the HU and share a snapshot of the rear side of the system to get an idea what's possible and what not?

Also, if parrot MKi9000 can integrate with this HU and the required harnesses.

I'll owe you one for this buddy.

Best; Shekhar