Engine Vibration - Normal?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
LPSISRL

I'm wondering if at idle my engine vibration is normal. Here's why I ask. I've driven 3 different Kizashi's. The first was a MT GTS. One of the things I noticed about it was how smooth the engine was at idle from inside the car. I could barely feel that the engine was running either in the seat or the steering wheel. I've since driven two, and now own a CVT model. In both of them I can feel vibration in the seat and steering wheel at idle. Now the tach reads about 550 RPM at idle. Also, if I shift into neutral, it all but goes away. So what kind of vibrations do you when you're sitting there idling? Do you think it's just the extra load on engine at idle from the CVT?

Thanks and cheers!
Tim
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
BxKizashiS

Has to be the CVT, mine does the same, and i well maintain my Kizashi. Its normal. I also had a manual before the AWD one i got now and i dont remember no vibrations.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
LPSISRL

Thanks. Whenever you buy a used car, you wonder what it was like before it had all the miles on it.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
kabarth83

Yeah probably CVT, have same problem in my 2012 GTS
KuroNekko

It's probably the torque converter in the CVT. While my manual 'Zashi is super smooth, I know what you are talking about from driving automatics in other cars. It's common with traditional autos which makes me think it's the torque converter since conventional autos have them and so do Kizashi CVTs. I experienced the same thing when shifting to Neutral and the vibration greatly diminishing.

I guess the vibration is the trade off of not having to engage the gears yourself to get the car moving from idle.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jono6406

I have a 2012 SLS CVT model and I have noticed the same thing recently but only when there is no load on the engine.
Bizzenn

Mine does the same thing unless the a/c is on. It idles a little higher at that point. I haven't experienced this with traditional autos to this extent .