noise in reaer while driving

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
vanclot

i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what it my problem might be.

i have a 2011 kizashi sport in canada. and have almost 160000 kms on it already. alot of driving.

well the issue im having is i hear a hum noise coming from the outside of the car in the tire area of the rear. when i drive and turn the wheel to the right the noise lessens. when i turn left its still their. at first i thought it was the tires. and have since switched to my winter tires and its still their. My car no longer has that silent cabin. i hear somewhat loud rumble, maybe even a slight grinding noise. i have also replaced rear brakes as was still their. could it be a wheel bearing? i haven't had time to bring it to a shop to get it checked out was just feeling ideas.

thanks alot in advance
murcod

vanclot wrote: could it be a wheel bearing?
I think you could be right, the symptoms you describe all point to it (from what I know). Your Kizashi has covered a fair distance.
David
vanclot

thank you.
Woodie

Sounds like the right rear wheel bearing. When you turn right, weight shifts over to the left wheel, lessening the load on the right.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Moto
Site Admin

wheel bearing.... Probably just about for sure. It is odd that a rear would fail first.

Rockauto also had several options http://www.rockauto.com/ --> Year-->Suzuki -->Kizashi-->Brake/Wheel Hub-->Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly
Moto
Site Admin

Since you have to buy the assembly I do not think this job would be very hard.

It is actually more of a PITA to press bearings in and out.

If it were me I would probably do both sides and the the rear end aligned. Check the rear struts while you have it apart they are probably toast by now.
vanclot

thanks everyone. yeah i figured it might have been a wheel bearing but it always nice hearing people think similar.

These things are so expensive. well compared to the old days when 12 bucks would get you a bearing :) i used to have a hyundai tiburon and i was changing wheel bearings every 3 months. it was a nightmare. i do alot of driving and havent had any real issues with my kizashi so a few hundred bucks to fix a bearing isnt all that bad.

thanks again everyone.
vanclot

oh one last thing. does it make a differnce between awd and fwd cars. in canada our sport model is a fwd manual.
SamirD

I'm pretty sure the part numbers will be different for the fwd/awd hubs since the awd had a driveshaft there.
Moto
Site Admin

AWD rear
Note the drive shaft splines

FWD Rear