Security Code for Stock Head Unit Radio (Panasonic)

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
murcod

Guys, I've just removed the above attachment. Feel free to PM it to people, but you're compromising the security of every Kizashi owner by openly posting that info on the internet. Some people will have set up that PIN number to protect their head unit from theft.

Please don't post it again or this thread will be locked.
David
Moto
Site Admin

Please re-upload the file when you have time.
Moto
Site Admin

I'm more concerned with someone that has an asshole kid or a shady dealer than a random thief taking the time to locate the information on this forum to try to steal a stock headunit out of a Kizashi...

The only way they are going to go for a stereo is if they take the car. In which case I don't think the headunit is going to be your concern.
bootymac

Yeah, let's be realistic here. The security risk is minimal and it'll be a good resource to have for those that actually need it.
murcod

I'll post it in the moderator section where access can be controlled. I was going to do it yesterday but didn't have the time.

Correction - I won't because I've been "de moderated". :roll: Whatever.

Publicly posting any security system over rides shouldn't be encouraged. In the future (if head units begin failing) there could become a lucrative market for them. It's already common for vehicle interiors to be stripped from top line models for the spare parts (GPS head units, airbags etc.)

The guy could also lose his job if Panasonic find out.
David
delusional29

This is kind of a grey area here. And it's a fine line, which I will walk delicately. Allow me to retort...

As a moderator of another forum myself, I understand the reason for pulling the PDF from the forums. You have given a couple good reasons there Murcod. I get it.

On the other hand, Suzuki in no way assisted me in getting a simple error in disconnecting the battery resolved. Instead, the dealership wanted to charge me $99/hr to "diagnose" the problem, which they stated clearly they could not guarantee to resolve. I told them to hold off on that, since it was ridiculous.

Instead, I took it upon myself to "not take no for an answer" and get the results that I needed. And I succeeded. Being the bigger person, I actually contacted the dealership that said they could not help me and they now have a copy of the PDF as well. The Director of the Service Department was very grateful. Why did I give this to the dealership that wanted to screw me out of $$? Because it was the right thing to do and I'm sure there will be someone in the future who will need it.

As far as the guy losing his job, that's a good point. But if he were so concerned I don't think he would have given it to me. Or signed his name at the bottom for that matter. However, just in case, I will revise the instructions to NOT give credit to the engineer who was kind enough to share it with me.

This is in no way "Revenge" on Suzuki. It's simply my way of helping others in the same boat that I was in. Knowledge is power.

If anyone wants the revised instructions, please shoot me a PM. But I will not post them here as requested by the moderators.

DeLuSioNaL29
bootymac

delusional29 wrote:But I will not post them here as requested by the moderators.
The admin has requested that you post it so I think you're in the clear ;)
murcod

Okay thanks for deleting my mod staus again - whoever just did that. I was in the process of uploading the said file (which I saved) to the Mod area for Moto.

Thanks for the chance of reading what's going on in there as well. I was in the middle of explaining a few things- it's easy to make assumptions about someone who is only trying their best to keep things running smoothly.

Thanks for understanding Delusional29. I didn't delete the file completely, I just was hoping for it to be in a safer area, away from general public access. eg. a Mod could decide on if a person was legit and supply said document when required.
David
Moto
Site Admin

If you wish, you will likely get your mod privileges back in the future, but for now consider yourself in a cool down period.

I was very angry this morning and I was the one just messing around with your privileges. I didn't see that you were on the site. I will be looking into recovering missing data in the future. I believe I have backups of many most of the topics that were deleted, but it will involve physically digging each one back out of the database backup (probably hours of work).

Right now I have a feeling we are both very frustrated with each other.
sx4rocious

I like the adding it to the moderator area, but I have to say, being an ex audio dealer myself, digging up these stupid and completely useless security codes is nearly impossible, and one of the most sought after peices of information out there. It would be good for the forum if the information was replaced. I do, however, see both sides of this story tho, so I understand your point as well murcod...