Kizashi Spare Wheel

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ampoldj

hi just checked the spare wheel of my Kizashi XL FR which has 17inch alloy wheels to find that the spare is an 18inch alloy wheel from an XLS model. Got the car used from a dealer and just want to make sure that my spare is incorrect so i can go back to the dealer...can someone confirm this? cheers
Woodie

Don't recognize any of the model designations you're using, so you're obviously from a different country, but here in the States we got horrid little space saver tires and wheels.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
ampoldj

Hi sorry I forgot to tell I am from Australia and we got the XL base model and higher model XLS... Based on the Suzuki Australia sites and reviews said all Kizashis here have full alloy size spare wheel so i think it makes sense I should only have my car base model wheel size as spare and not something from a higher model.
SamirD

That's kinda interesting. I wonder if your car originally came with the 18" alloys and the dealer did something?
ampoldj

I would love to have all those 18inch wheels but mine is just the base model which comes with the 17inch, so it is weird why is there an 18inch in my boot. Got to the dealer and they said the will have to look on some used Kizashis on their dealership.
SamirD

I would have loved to have an 18" spare too. Is the trunk liner any different to make space for that much tire? I'd imagine yours would be different than the US version.
Moto
Site Admin

Woodie wrote:The 18" wheel fits right in there, you just remove the styrofoam filler insert. I bought a replacement 'cause one of mine was scuffed really bad from curb rash. Use the ugly one as a spare now.
This also got lots in the switch
SamirD

Great to know! I have a really nice sx4 alloy (that I forgot about) that I was going to mount an all-season tire too as a full-speed/load spare. I think it will fit in the same place of the small spare, but haven't tried it yet. I also want to get a tpms sensor for it since re-programming would be a snap.
Dinosaur

Interesting - I have the opposite problem. I have the Sport AWD version with 18" wheels. I went to put the spare on the other day, due to picking up a screw in my right rear, and found it was a 17"

Where in Australia are you from ampoldj? You may have got my wheel & I yours ;)
DesRado

SamirD wrote:I would have loved to have an 18" spare too. Is the trunk liner any different to make space for that much tire? I'd imagine yours would be different than the US version.
I have the 18" GTS wheel in my spare wheel well. It fits fine once you remove the donut's holder. A forum member gave me an extra he had when he traded his car in. There are still genuinely amazing people out there in the world!

2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP