Speedometer accuracy?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
LPSISRL

Does anyone else's speedometer seem to be way off? In comparison to my GPS (which is assume is accurate?) my speedometer is off by about 10%. If I show 70, the GPS shows only 63. What really bothers me is that I'm chewing up warranty 10% faster than I should. Does anyone know how to fix or is this a dealer thing?
Thanks!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Sluggo

My speedo is off but not as much as yours. An indicated 70mph is really 68 mph.
The funny thing is that the average speed reading is spot on. So the question is what info goes to the odometer.

I tend to use my GPS even if I know the directions for that reason. My warranty will expire by time well before my mileage so that won't be a problem for me.
Woodie

Mine was more like Sluggo's, low by a couple of mph. Put bigger tires on it and it's VERY close to right now. What size tires do you have on yours, LPSISRL?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

My SLS has the stock tire size. I've never checked it by mile markers and holding it on 60 MPH or any other method. Just the GPS. But isn't the GPs pretty darn accurate?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
MrCliveNYC

I've noticed this as well. My speed is higher on the cluster than the GPS.
Sluggo

LPSISRL wrote:My SLS has the stock tire size. I've never checked it by mile markers and holding it on 60 MPH or any other method. Just the GPS. But isn't the GPs pretty darn accurate?
Yes, I think GPS is accurate. It has always matched the speedo in my other cars.