Daytime Running Light - OEM 2011 SE Model

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
jnunez79

Hey guys - I've been looking for the Daytime Running Light bulb replacement and cant seem to find it. The passenger side high beam and the DRL are out and the low beam almost makes it seem like the car doesn't have a passenger side headlight. This car is slowly starting to get lil bugs. Anyone have any recommendations? I don't really want to invest in changing the headlights out completely. It's weird because the tail light went out on the side too and now the Hill Hold Disable keeps coming up every couple of days. Any suggestions? TIA
KuroNekko

Here's my recommendation given I've played around with the Kizashi's headlights a lot:
Replace all the headlight bulbs at the same time. This is because replacing some of the bulbs actually requires the bumper to come off of the car and the headlights to be removed. Some of the bulbs can be changed without this process, but others can't due to tight clearance issues. I don't know specifically what bulbs can be done with the bumper on or off, but I recommend you take the bumper off and replace them all (both the high beams and low beams of each side) at once. The reason why is because the "lil bugs" are unlikely the headlights or their wiring but the condition of the halogen bulbs' filaments in multiple bulbs. Halogens don't always just burn-out from a filament breakage but often get dimmer and dimmer over time. You didn't state your mileage, but given you have a 2011, I assume you are at least at around 50,000 miles. No point going through the hassle of changing a bulb now and then having a different one blow out a few weeks or months later.

Also, just to be clear, the Kizashi's DRL uses the high beam's bulb at low wattage. The DRL and high beam is the same bulb. It's a H7 bulb. The low beam is in the projector lens and is also a H7 bulb. The tiny bulb below the high beam bulb is a T-10 mini-bulb called the "Position bulb". It is not the DRL bulb and only comes on with the headlight switch in "Parking" mode or "On" mode.

If you want more details on the bumper and headlight removal process, check out this tutorial.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2861

I can't advise you on the Hill Hold Disable issue as I have a manual trans model with no Hill Hold. However, sometimes a battery disconnect can clear some odd-ball issues with sensors and error messages. Otherwise, take it to a Suzuki Service Dealer.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Rushtard

I apologize for digging up this topic, however in my kizashi (bought 2 months ago), i have no light ON when engine is ON, is the H7 for DRL for all models?
In my experience when DRL is On, there are some tail lights that illuminates too (in the Mini F55 of my wife for example)
Does that mean i need to change the two H7 bulbs? Did anyone try LED H7 like Philips ones?
Thanks !
Woodie

The DRLs are the high beams on reduced power. Nothing else. If your high beams work then the problem is not the bulbs.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Keep in mind the DRLs were only on US and Canadian models. It's not a global feature for the Kizashi.
They also only work when the car is on and the handbrake is down when the headlights are off.
Like Woodie stated, they use the high beam bulbs on reduced power through Pulsed Width Modulation. This is an unstable current that pulses power so the filament of the halogen bulb remains low output. The problem is that this causes flickering in LED bulbs that cannot accommodate a PWM current. The solution is installing capacitors that stabilize the current so the DRLs function properly but closer to full power.

Just like Woodie stated, if your high beams work, then the bulbs are not the problem. If you are not in the US or Canada, you might not even have DRLs.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Rushtard

Yep i'm in France, Europe. However Since 2011, DRLs are mandatory for all new cars and small delivery vans in the EU. Trucks and buses followed in August 2012. Vehicles produced before don't have to be retrofitted.
The car is imported from Germany, so it should have DRL ! (car made in october 2013)