Coolant for the Kizashi

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KuroNekko

documental wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:51 pm My coolant reservoir cap got lost and as a result my coolant level is basically zero (oops). I'm amazed the car has been driving OK like this for a while, though I've noticed my AC doesn't work properly at speed, which probably relates to the engine overheating.

First I needed a cap, which proved impossible online, but I found a pill-bottle cap that fits perfectly. Hope it won't melt!

Now I need to top up the fluid. The level is so low, I honestly can't tell the colour, but it looks blue.

Looking at using this option to top it up, which Crappy Tire (here in Canadia) claims will work with the car. It's cheap, but do you think it will be good enough?

OEM 50/50 Premixed Anti-Freeze/Coolant, Honda/Acura/Subaru, 3.78-L

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/oem- ... 93080.html

I also might need two bottles to fill it. Not sure of the volume of the reservoir.
Yes, any blue coolant will work as it's a formula designed for most modern Japanese makes. Suzuki is one of them. A 50/50 premix will be good for about 99% of drivers.
Keep in mind the reservoir is technically an overflow container. The cooling system will overflow and draw from that reservoir as needed. The actual coolant that matters is largely contained in the radiator so make sure that is topped off (when the engine is cooled down).
I wouldn't worry too much about that reservoir cap. It's not pressurized so a pill bottle cap should be fine as a replacement.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SAEED_KIZZY

it's been around a year since I changed my coolant from Blue into Toyota SSLC (the red one). I decided to remove the thermostat to check for any corrosion. and here is a result
inside of water pump
inside of water pump
no corrosion :D since I removed the thermostat I decided to change to the new one :
photo_2021-09-27_10-19-53.jpg
photo_2021-09-27_10-22-16.jpg

so I guess changing blue coolant to red done no harm to the engine.
KlutzNinja

documental wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:51 pm My coolant reservoir cap got lost and as a result my coolant level is basically zero (oops). I'm amazed the car has been driving OK like this for a while, though I've noticed my AC doesn't work properly at speed, which probably relates to the engine overheating.

First I needed a cap, which proved impossible online, but I found a pill-bottle cap that fits perfectly. Hope it won't melt!

Now I need to top up the fluid. The level is so low, I honestly can't tell the colour, but it looks blue.

Looking at using this option to top it up, which Crappy Tire (here in Canadia) claims will work with the car. It's cheap, but do you think it will be good enough?

I also might need two bottles to fill it. Not sure of the volume of the reservoir.
Caps for both the radiator and water/coolant reservoirs are available online. KuroNekko found one on MonsterParts a while back for real cheap, but the link doesn’t work anymore. So here’s the link to MegaZip, which is a pretty good site for Kizashi parts.

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... 00-9849626
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
RS350

Were you able to find the replacement cap for the coolant reservoir? I lost mine and am looking for a new one.
NickL

I am about to change the Coolant for my Kizashi in upcoming weeks but it is a bit hard to find the original suzuki Long Life Coolant. I found the 5L Package on one website but if I am right, I need. 7 liters to fill in so one 5L kanister won't be enough and 2 would be too much. And there is no 1 or 2L bottles for sale...

Is it mandatory to use only original Suzuki Coolant? Can I substitute it with.something else equally good?
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
old tech

I like the Toyota red stuff. I would think it would be very easy to find .
NickL

Thanks.

Is the Engine Block in Kizashi made from Aluminum? Is there anything else to pay attention when choosing the right Coolant for Kizashi?
KuroNekko

NickL wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:15 am Thanks.

Is the Engine Block in Kizashi made from Aluminum? Is there anything else to pay attention when choosing the right Coolant for Kizashi?
Yes, aluminum block. I actually called Suzuki corporate in the US about the matter of the proper engine coolant. I was told that we can use any Super Long-Life Blue coolant because they are basically all the same. Many Asian cars ranging from Nissan to Hyundai apparently use it. I then picked up a few jugs of Pentosin 50/50 premix Super Blue coolant and changed my coolant a while back.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
NickL

I finally changed the Coolant in my Kizashi few weeks ago. Even though the previous Coolant in the system wasn't dirty at all, it had some pink color and it was obvious that previous owner allready changed it, but when I had no idea. I went to Suzuki Dealer which is only 2 miles away from me and asked them about the blue Super Long life Coolant for Suzuki. They sold it to me but they had only 5 liters package and Suzuki needs according to the service Manual arround 6,5 liters in the system. So I ended up buying two packages and now I have 3,5 liters left but what the heck. I am glad that now the appropriate Coolant is inside. I also changed the rear brake pads and brake oil, put the winter Tyres on. And me and my faitfull Kizzy keep rooling further. :)