Help with lack of aux/bluetooth

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Noxera

So I have a 2010 model Kizashi XLS with the Rockford Fosgate system that I thoroughly enjoy, however it's getting quite annoying to use just the usb drive to play music from, which I continuously have to remove and place new music on (especially since I have Spotify readily available on my phone). I've looked at multiple options, from: using simple fm transmitters (which I have used and hate), tried using usb connection to my phone (not compatible), to full on replacing the head unit with a new navigation system or purchasing a 3sixty.3 amp.

I value quality sound over everything else, but I'm not sure what other options are available. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?
KuroNekko

Does yours not have the Bluetooth audio function? If your car has the Rockford Fosgate but no navigation, you should have Bluetooth audio. However, this is based on packaging for the US. It sounds like you are in another country so I'm not certain you even have Bluetooth audio.
I also do want to add that USB has the best sound quality. Your phone doesn't stream through the USB cable? It works like that for my iPhone.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
'12Zashi209

My car has Bluetooth option as well, but, as kuro, I too am in the US, try pressing the cd button which is where the Bluetooth function is on the car. Lemme know if that works :)
Noxera

I live in Victoria, Australia so I'm not sure if the packaging is the same here, plus I bought it second hand. And my phone is a Sony Xperia Z2 (when I plug it in it says "Unsupported").

As far as I'm aware, there should be a bluetooth symbol just above the mute button, but as you can see, there's nothing there.
sketch-1456302958472.jpg
sketch-1456302958472.jpg (168.68 KiB) Viewed 7923 times
Also, CD just plays CDs? I'm not quite sure what you mean...
DSC_0472.JPG
DSC_0472.JPG (132.26 KiB) Viewed 7923 times
KuroNekko

Yeah, looks like you don't have the Bluetooth audio. If you did, you can switch to Bluetooth mode by hitting the CD button. It's kind of confusing because there is no label stating that you hit CD to switch to Bluetooth mode.
Sounds like you are in a bind given your phone isn't supported. Personally, I still think the USB connection is the best for audio quality, but given you want to stream things and your phone isn't supported, you'll have to look into other means.
It seems like the Kizashi's audio system really doesn't like phones other than the iPhone. I've tried about 5 different Apple products on my Kizashi by USB and/or Bluetooth and they all work just fine.
'12Zashi209

Noxera wrote:I live in Victoria, Australia so I'm not sure if the packaging is the same here, plus I bought it second hand. And my phone is a Sony Xperia Z2 (when I plug it in it says "Unsupported").

As far as I'm aware, there should be a bluetooth symbol just above the mute button, but as you can see, there's nothing there.
sketch-1456302958472.jpg
DSC_0472.JPG

The CD button, atleast on the US models, if pressed should also play bluetooth, give it a shot, or try connecting with the voice command button on steering wheel
Noxera

'12Zashi209 wrote:
Noxera wrote:I live in Victoria, Australia so I'm not sure if the packaging is the same here, plus I bought it second hand. And my phone is a Sony Xperia Z2 (when I plug it in it says "Unsupported").

sketch-1456302958472.jpg
DSC_0472.JPG

The CD button, atleast on the US models, if pressed should also play bluetooth, give it a shot, or try connecting with the voice command button on steering wheel
Ah, yeah... that's the thing. I don't have any voice command features. Just the basic stuff.
'12Zashi209

Noxera wrote:
'12Zashi209 wrote:

sketch-1456302958472.jpg
DSC_0472.JPG

Ah, yeah... that's the thing. I don't have any voice command features. Just the basic stuff.

Oh ok, what model do you have?
KuroNekko

'12Zashi209 wrote: Oh ok, what model do you have?
They package the vehicle differently for other markets. Noxera is in Australia where their Kizashis aren't exactly like our S, SE, GTS, or SLS trims. They may have features we don't have and vice-a-versa. For example, some foreign market Kizashis have factory HID, headlight washers, rear fog lights, and power folding mirrors; all features that are not available in US models. However, we tend to have a better stereo packaging with the RF system plus Bluetooth audio in GTS models.
'12Zashi209

KuroNekko wrote:
'12Zashi209 wrote: Oh ok, what model do you have?
They package the vehicle differently for other markets. Noxera is in Australia where their Kizashis aren't exactly like our S, SE, GTS, or SLS trims. They may have features we don't have and vice-a-versa. For example, some foreign market Kizashis have factory HID, headlight washers, rear fog lights, and power folding mirrors; all features that are not available in US models. However, we tend to have a better stereo packaging with the RF system plus Bluetooth audio in GTS models.

Auto Folding mirrors sound nice! Lol i don't worry about HID's as I already installed them. And true didn't think about that.