AUX

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Sarahlu03

Hello I have recently purched a new Kizashi SE and I Love it, but I have a Zune mp3 player and the window sticker said that the usb port plays i pod and mp3 players... but when I connect my Zune thru the USB it says USB Unsupported.... and I don't want to buy into Apple... So to get to my point.... I want to have an AUX input jack installed, (like what comes standard in almost every other new car) In my Kizashi, but am unsure of what to ask for and where. also about how much would something cost? If anyone has any information I would be extremly grateful if you would share :D
Thank!
darrylh

I and some other have had problems with unsupported devices connected to the USB.
I purchased a Sandisk Cruzer 4 GB flash drive, and all good. Fits lots of MP3's.
Around $20.00 price.
TheHolyGhost

Does the Zune have a USB storage mode than you can turn on?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Sarahlu03

Darrylh-
The Problem is that I have 120gb zune, with about 100 gb of music on it... So I woudl much rather have my zune instead of about 1000 flash drives... I do have one flash drive that has some music on it, but of course you know how it is you always want to listen to something you don't have! lol.
TheHolyGhost-
I don't know if it does, or not, does anyone know how to do this if so? I would be grateful for any info.
sloopercat

I have tried, but to no avail. You also might want to contact Suzuki like I did, maybe they will begin to listen.

I tried every USB type jack and even an aux out to bluetooth adapter designed for headphones. There does not seem to be an off the shelf way to connect an aux output to the radio. Other best hope is to hijack the XM radio input port, but I do not have the electronic skills to do that.

A major oversight in a car that has so many small details done perfectly.
autopiolet

darrylh wrote:I and some other have had problems with unsupported devices connected to the USB.
I purchased a Sandisk Cruzer 4 GB flash drive, and all good. Fits lots of MP3's.
Around $20.00 price.
Thanks for the post darrylh, I purchased your recommendation Sandisk Cruzer 4 GB on sale for 12 bucks at Best Buy. I loaded music in it and works perfect!
BrashL

Another idea is to pick up a 120 or 160 GB Ipod with a broken screen. Won't keep you from loading and playing music, and if you're vigilant you can find them for $30 to $40 bucks on eBay.
2010 Kizashi GTS
AWD CVT
Black Pearl Metallic
Shaneous

BrashL wrote:Another idea is to pick up a 120 or 160 GB Ipod with a broken screen. Won't keep you from loading and playing music, and if you're vigilant you can find them for $30 to $40 bucks on eBay.
Now that is a sensational idea!
Sarahlu03

BrashL - If i buy an Ipod... and all of my music is on a Zune, when I transfer music to the Ipod will that forever lock my music up in Ipod land? Or will I still be able to sync my zune with my computer?
TheHolyGhost

You'll still be able to sync with your Zune software just the same. When you install iTunes you'll probably want to turn off the option that lets iTunes rearrange your music collection. If you don't buy your music on iTunes you should have no problem using the music on both devices.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES