Windshield wipers stopping in middle of windshield

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
shauge98674

Hi, I have an annoying issue. When my wipers are on a slower speed they will stop and get stuck short of completing a full wipe. I put new wipers on but that did nothing beneficial. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks!
Woodie

I'm working on a similar problem now, need more information to determine if our problem is the same, or different.

Do you mean that the wipers don't go to their home position automatically? If you set the switch to slow or fast do they work normally? It's only when you use intermittent, mist, or off that they stop in front of you, right?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
shauge98674

Right. Sounds like the same problem.
Woodie

Water got into the electrical part of the wiper motor. Suzuki wants $400 for a new motor/linkage. I've got one coming from a junkyard for $82. http://www.automotix.net/usedautoparts/ ... ntory.html
Ronzuki

Well that's not good to hear water is entering parts that it shouldn't be. Document the swap please with some pics for future reference. Thanks.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:Well that's not good to hear water is entering parts that it shouldn't be.
Sounds like the biggest issue with the Kizashi. The rear shocks fail due to water getting in and staying where it shouldn't. The Japanese Kizashi police cars' sirens failed due to water issues too. Now some wiper motors?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Looked to me as if it got in through the connector. The seal around the plastic box seemed intact.
Ronzuki

KuroNekko wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:Well that's not good to hear water is entering parts that it shouldn't be.
Sounds like the biggest issue with the Kizashi. The rear shocks fail due to water getting in and staying where it shouldn't. The Japanese Kizashi police cars' sirens failed due to water issues too. Now some wiper motors?
Suzuki was actually responsible for the sirens? Here those types of things are usually provided and installed by third party customizers.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
Suzuki was actually responsible for the sirens? Here those types of things are usually provided and installed by third party customizers.
Yes. Info is hard to come by without resorting to Japanese sources, but they state Suzuki won a bid to supply at least 900 Kizashis to the National Japanese Police and these Kizashis were specifically outfitted by Suzuki for police duty. Apparently, it was Suzuki that outfitted the unmarked vehicles with the sirens that would malfunction due to water retention. Suzuki then recalled the Kizashis equipped with these police sirens to drill drain holes for the water.

Reading through the articles on police Kizashis, some other differences from the consumer market versions include the following:
- Police versions only come with cloth seats. Kizashis sold in the consumer market in Japan had leather, apparently.
- Police versions don't have factory fog lights but the consumer versions did.
- Police versions use a different type of radio antenna than the consumer versions that incorporated them into the rear windshield.
The people keen on spotting undercover police cars apparently use these details to identify the police versions.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
cobymark

Had the same problem, and I just replaced the wiper motor. Good thing is that I got a nice deal from a local auto parts shop.